41

*RAIN*

I was forced to leave after visiting hours and I called Roc's mom, telling her I needed her to keep Destiny another night. Roc and I didn't speak on the drive home and he waited in the car while I pumped more milk for Destiny and packed her another bag.

"Thank you so much mom." Roc told his mom at the door.

"No problem guys. Sorry about your friend." She told me.

I held Destiny and kissed her forehead a million times before giving her to Roc and I waited for him in the car. Again the ride was quiet, no radio, no speaking, only the sounds of us breathing. When we got in the house he walked to the couch and I stood at the base of the stairs.

"Come back upstairs please." I said before climbing the steps.

When Roc didn't hurt me last night I knew it was a step forward, he could drink without losing his mind, but could you blame me for feeling scared around him when I knew alcohol was in his system?

"Rain?" He called, entering the room.

I smiled weakly before running at him, standing on my tippy toes with my arms around his neck.

"I love you! I love you so much!" I told him.

"I love you more Rain."

His arms wrapped around my back and his head rested on my shoulder. I started to cry and he tried to pull away, but I didn't let him.

"No. Just hold me. Please." I begged.

He wrapped his muscular arms tighter around me and it felt like forever before we untangled from eachother.

"Justin's gone." I told him. "He was running from the cops and ran into a busy street. He was hit by a car."

"Oh god. I'm so sorry." He said.

"Sorry? Why!? He's dead Roc. He can't say anything about you. He can't get you taken away from me."

"W-what about Angela?"

"She's pissed at me, but she promised not to tell. She would never take you away from Destiny."

A smile finally came across his face. "Wow!"

I smiled back. He was scared, I knew that, but now he could relax again, nothing was ganna change. Angela might give him dirty looks from now on, but other than that we were good.

Roc had proven himself to me, he would Hurt Me No Longer.

"I love you." I whispered in his ear.

"I love you more."

"I know. Now lets get some sleep because I want my daughter back first thing in the morning!"

He smiled and kissed my neck.

"Yes ma'am."

We got in bed and he held me extremely close to him.

"Roc this is awkward."

"Too bad Mrs.August, cuz I'm never letting you go. Ever."