9

*RAIN*

I bent over the toilet, holding my hair as best as I could. I heard the front door open and shut, but I couldn't call to Roc. When he saw me through the open bathroom door he ran over, kneeled beside me, and grabbed my hair, holding it away from my face.

"It's ganna be ok baby." He told me while he rubbed my back.

When I felt better I asked him to leave so I could clean up in private. After brushing my teeth twice and a long shower I walked out. Roc stared hard at me, and I felt very uncomfortable.

"Roc, stop it...what're you looking at?"

"Your towel." He said, squinting his eyes. "If I stare hard enough it should fall."

I laughed and walked over to the bed and sat. I sighed and Roc came up behind me and pushed my hair over my shoulder. He started to massage my neck and made small talk.

"How was work today?" He asked me.

"Uh, it was good. Kinda slow though, some new restaurant opened across the street and we've been losing customers."

"Oh, I see."

"Mmhm. How was your day?"

"Great. I called your dad to discuss a buisness plan I came up with and he loved it."

"Really? What type of buisness plan?"

He put more pressure on my neck. "Well just suggetions about opening up a store, I think he's ready to be more than an online sneaker line."

I nodded slightly, not wanting to affect my massage. The soothing feeling of his hands on my neck quickly faded as guilt started to build up inside me.

"Roc." I said quietly.

"Yes baby?"

"I um..." I moved his hands from my neck and turned to face him. "I need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

I took a deep breath and gulped, feeling a sharp pain in my throat when I did so.

"Remember those times when I left? And the second time I went to my dad?"

Sadness over came him and he sighed. "Of course I remember."

"Well the first time I left you I stayed with...Justin."

"What!?" He jumped up. "Damn Rain I told you I didn't like him and th--" He paused and his eyes got big. "Wait! Rain are you telling me this because you slept with him!?"

"...No." I replied.

"Rain! Did you or did you not sleep with him!?"

"I didn't, I swear! But..." I stood up to be closer to eye level with him, my towel still tight around me. "But I almost did."

"What!?" He yelled louder than he ever had during the conversation.

"Nothing happened! I mean... we kissed and he took off his shirt, but then I left."

He turned his back to me and I felt worse when I couldn't see his face.

"Why would you do that to me?" He asked.

"We were fighting Roc! You were hitting me! Justin...was nice to me, and he cared about me."

Roc looke at me with disgust in his eyes, he stepped close to me and I felt fear rush through my body. He got in my face and stared right into my eyes.

"Well I bet now you wish you slept with him."

I didn't understand until he started walking towards the door. Maybe he thought if I had slept with Justin then him storming out would have been "worth it".