35

*RAIN*

"Ms.August thank you so much for all the babysitting while I've been sick." I went into my wallet and pulled ouf a hundred dollar bill. "Thanks."

She smiled and took the money. "No problem honey, I miss having someone to take care of, my only son went and grew up on me." She frowned.

"It's ok. You are welcome to see Des anytime."

"So...when can I expect more grandchildren?"

I laughed, but she was dead serious. "You may have to hold off on that for a while."

"Alright alright." She surrendered. "But I'm pushing 40, don't wait too long."

I nodded. "Yes ma'am."

I made us some shrimp and pasta while Des took her nap and the more time I spent with Roc's mom, the more I missed my own. I wished she wasn't dissapointed, and angry at me, and I wished Des had both her grandmother's around.

"Destiny and I were ganna go to the park after her nap, you wanna come?"

She stood and grabbed her purse. "Rain check baby doll. I have a date."

"Oh!" I nudged her arm. "A date?"

"Yes. With an old friend, and don't sound so shocked!"

"Sorry." I laughed.

"Now I can wear some of those heels you got me." She hugged me and kissed my cheek. "Kiss the baby for me. I'll see you in a few days."

"Yes ma'am. Bye." I walked her to the door, and then it was just Des and I off to the park.

She laughed while I pushed her on the swings. "You're so cute!" I told her, and she laughed harder. I sat in rhe regular swing beside her baby one and pushed her as I also swung.