32

*ROC*

"So man what are you ganna do for Rain's birthday?" Prod asked me while we he smelled another perfume.

"I don't know for sure yet. Well her birthday is on a Friday so I figured I'd get a bunch of movies and have a movie day like we did in high school. Then Saturday all of us can go to a club and she'll drink for the first time."

"And Destiny?"

"My mom will watch her."

"Dang. This smells amazing." Prod handed me a pink skinny bottle of perfume and I smelt the nozzle.

"I feel like Rain has something like that already."

"You lucky sun of a gun." Prod smirked.

"Watch it. This is my wife you're talkin bout."

He put his hands up in surrender and we smelt a bunch more perfume till I finally found a scent Rain would love. Prod and I went to the food court and then I bought some more stuff for Rain's birthday before it was time to head home.

"I'll see you soon." I told Prod.

"Yupp. Bye man."

We walked in different directions of the parking lot to get to our cars.

*AT HOME*

Rain was sitting on the couch feeding Destiny when I got through the front door.

"Honey I'm home." I smiled.

She looked up at me and then her eyes were on all the bags I was carrying.

"Heavy shopping?" She asked.

"Mhhm. My beautiful wife has a birthday coming up and I wanted to spoil her a little."

"Hmmm. What a lucky wife."

"Indeed. I'm ganna go hide these. I'll be back in a few."

"Take your time. I'll find them."

"No you won't."

I rushed upstairs, hiding each bag in a different place. ONE Christmas I was lazy about hiding my gifts and Rain thought she was on top of the world because she found them. I swore to myself I would never again be so lazy and just tuck them under the bed. Rooky mistake.

When I was all done hiding her gifts I went back downstairs to find Destiny sitting in her bouncy swing and playing with her plastic keys. Her eyes were just like Rain's and my curls were becoming more defined as she grew.

"Baby how was your day?" I called to Rain.

She walked out of the kitchen with a plate of shrimp and pasta, steam coming from it.

"My day was good. Your mom came over for about an hour and she brought over clothes for Destiny. I got a good nap and put together Destiny's bouncy chair all by myself!" She cheered.

"I see that." I said, looking back at Des and smiling.

"How was your day?" She asked me.

"Ugh. So boring, wish I was here with you guys instead."

She handed me my plate and followed me over to the couch.

"Awww. I'm sorry. I wish you could've been here too."

She sat behind me and rubbed my shoulders softly as I ate.

"You put your foot in this Pasta Rain. It tastes amazing."

"I try." She smiled.

When I finished eating she brought me a glass of Pepsi and I gulped it down.

"Come here." I said, patting my lap.

She sat in my lap side ways and stretched her legs out onto the couch.

"What's wrong?" She frowned.

"Nothing is. Everything is fine. I just wanna look at you is that a crime?"

She laughed and shrugged. "I guess not."

I studied her hastle eyes, memorizing each spot where the light hit them. Then I brushed her hair behind her ear and played with her bangs, forcing them to cover her left eye.

"Roc stop." She laughed. "I can't see."

I took my hand and covered her eyes. "Nooooo NOW you can't see."

She crossed her arms and huffed like a child. "Roc move your hand."

"Make me." I smirked although she couldn't see.

She used her fingers to try and pry my hand from her face and after her struggling for a long time it worked.

"Ha!" She laughed.

I leaned froward to kiss her and she put her hand over her own mouth.

"Rain. Let me kiss you!" I said.

She shook her head and mumbled. "Make me."

I could just barely make out the words. With ease I moved her hand and stole a kiss.

"No fair." She wined.

"Hey." I shrugged. "Life isn't fair. I'm ganna take a shower, you coming?"

"Nah, I wanna play with Des."

"Have fun." I smiled and kissed her cheek before moving her from my lap and heading upstairs.