19

*RAIN*

When I opened my eyes my vision wasn't only blurry, but my memory was too. I remembered the pain of pushing, and I remembered the sound of her cries, but I didn't remember holding her or lookin into her eyes.

I looked around the room and saw no congratulation balloons, no chair next to my bed as though I had frequent visitors and only one machine was hooked up to my arm. I clicked the button on the side of my bed to call for a doctor and I wanted to stress out, but my body felt fuzzy, as if every part of me fell asleep.

Dr.Meyers rushed in and hugged me.

"Mrs.August! You're awake!"

I shrugged. "Of course I am."

"Where is my daughter?"

"Destiny isn't here."

Roc and I agreed in that name, but still it felt like news to me to hear her say it.

"What!? Where is she!?"

"With her father of course."

I sat up in my bed. "What? He's gone? Where is he? Where is my baby!?"

"Shhh." She said grabbing my hand. "Roc and the baby are home safe."

"Already? Aren't I supposed to stay the first night here?"

She looked down at the ground, still holding my hand.

"Rain. You've spent the last three weeks here over night."

I pushed myself up even more. "Wait. What?"

"That machine your hooked up to is life support. Roc couldn't pull the plug. After the delivery you lost too much blood and passed out, you never woke back up. You were in a fatal state of a coma, but Mr.August couldn't just let you go even if you had only a slight chance of waking up again."

My eyes started to water. 3 weeks, Roc had been missing me, thinking I was ganna die for three weeks, for three weeks my baby was without me...for three weeks I was away from her.

"I need to go. Please, I need to go home I need my baby."

She smiled. "You've been awake for two minutes and already have that mother's protection thing."

I smiled weaky.

"I know you wanna go home, but we need to conduct a few tests to make sure that's a good idea. Should we contact your husband?"

I bit my lip, in deep thought. "No. Not until you can make sure that I am ok. Not until I know I can be a mom and wife.

I fought back tears, my body still felt painfully numb and I was having trouble to breathe. No way could I die now right?...God wouldn't just take me away...right?