39

*RAIN*

When we pulled into the parking lot of a club I crossed my arms and shook my head.

"Damn it Roc. I said no party, and I said no drinking."

"C'mon baby! It's your 21st birthday! Live a little."

"Roc I don't have time to" *makes air quotes* "live a little. I'm a wife and a mother for crying out loud. I don't need to be out partying."

"Forget that. You're a wife and mother, but you are also YOUNG and you won't be forever, neither will I. Look, Angie put a lot of thought into this so please don't act so grumpy."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. But I'm not drinking ANY alcohol."

"Ok, you don't have to."

"And I don't want you drinking either."

"But...Rain."

"Ugh! Really Roc!?"

I got out of the car and slammed the door. Some birthday it turned out to be. I walked in with Roc at my side.

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled.

I smiled as best I could and ran to Angie when I spotted her.

"Happy birthday girly!" She said.

"Thanks!"

"You're 21 baby girl turn up!"

I laughed at the over used term and rolled my eyes. "If turning up is supposed to mean get drunk, I will turn down."

She laughed and hit my shoulder. "Turn down for what!? Anyways you'll have some sober drivers to take you and Roc home if he gets too drunk too."

The thought wasn't comforting and I didn't laugh or even smile. I was determined not to drink and to keep myself busy I talked with people. A bunch of girls from the dance team in highschool came.

"So how are you?" Asked my friend Lexi.

"I'm great! Married, with a beautiful daughter."

"Gosh I'm jealous." Ariana swooned, staring at Roc who took another shot at the bar with Prince.

"Jealous of what?" I asked.

"You!" She clarified. "I mean gosh, every girl in our jr. and senior class wanted to get with Roc. And he's married to YOU now...a girl he couldn't stand."

I gulped and played off my pain by smiling. "Yeah...just luck I guess."

"How is...Destiny right?" Lexi asked.

"Yeah. Destiny Angela August. She's good. She's such a good baby." I smiled.

"I bet she's gorgeous like her mama." Lexi said, nudging me.

"Well!" I said dramatically and flipped my hair. "You know how I do." I laughed.