~10 years before~

I opened my eyes. I was in my bedroom. It was all a dream. It wasn't real. I got up from the bed and walked towards the kitchen to get a drink of water.  Everything was dark like it suppose to be at one in the morning. I quickly grabbed a water bottle and walked back to my room. I quiet walked pasted my parents room.

"Emma?" I heard a voice from behind.

I turned around to see my father standing there --yawning. 

"Did I wake you up?" I asked him as I took a few steps towards him. 

"No....What are you doing up this late?"

"I had a nightmare." I mumbled. 

"Another one?" My father asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"Yes."

"What was it about?"

 I swallowed. "It was about you-- all leaving me." I said softly.  

My father picked me up like always. "Emma we are never going to leave you. You got that?"

I nod my head . 

"Good now let's go." 

"Where?"

"Hmm...it's  one in the morning...What would you like to do?" He asked me. 

"Can we watch a movie and then wake up the  avengers later?"

He chuckled. "Sure thing, sweetheart."

I smiled.

~~Now~~

I punched, stabbed, and kicked  the sand bag. I was mad. How could the do that?! There just like Cole. Trying to know if I have limits and trying to see of they can control me! Well they can't! Not them anyway. They expect me to trust them after this? I wouldn't be surprise that they didn't trust me either.

Now it's back to the way we started

Strangers.  

That's fine with me. I heard footsteps and I quickly turned holding out the knife in front of me. I slowly dropped the position my arm were in.

"You know you shouldn't sneak up on me."   I said as I stabbed the knife into the sand bag.

"And why is that?"

"You might end up with a knife through your heart."  I pulled the knife out from the sand bag. I heard someone chuckle. I looked up to see Nightwing with a smile on his face. "What's so funny?" 

"I remember you saying something similar to Ian."

"Who?"

"You kno- Never-mind."

I took a deep breath. After that it got  awkward so I decided to leave the room. I was  inches away from the handle when Nightwing stopped me. I turned around.

"What?" 

He let go of my arm. "Nothing."

I give him a confused look. 

"It's nothing."

I took one final look at him and the walked out of the room and headed towards the Zeta tubes. But then stopped. I looked over my shoulder and glanced around the room. Somethings off. For some reason I ended up in Robin's room. I opened the door to see Robin in the bed resting. I closed the door. That was weird. I took the zeta tubes to Gotham city. 

That's when I heard a laugh.

I new to well .....How could I  ever forget that laugh. It was.........

                                                                                                                                     ......Lucy.