Chapter 15: I Do

No POV
Infinite hours of planning and planning and planning finally pay up when Rick and Kate's wedding day comes along about three months later.

"Hi, flower girl," Kate tells Alexis, who is almost ready to leave.

"When will you get dressed?" The 13-year-old girl asks accusingly.

Rick enters the room, "It's bad luck for the groom to see the bride in her dress, so we'll both get dressed at the church," he says as he makes his way to Kate and kisses her. They're leaving an hour before the ceremony, so they had enough time. The love birds had both packed their clothes and accessories, so they were finally ready to leave.

Kate called her makeup artist, her hair stylist, and Lanie so she could make sure they would be at the church in time.

Half an hour later
Kate
"It's perfect!" Lanie's squeals with excitement. I stand in front of her with my beautiful dress on. My hair was done a few minutes ago, so I am now completely ready to walk down the aisle.

"Is it?" I ask, twirling around

Lanie rolls her eyes before she starts talking again, "You already know the answer to that question."

I laugh and look in the mirror again. It's strange to realize that the woman looking back is not someone else. It's me, Kate Beckett. The obsessive detective who only wears pants and Blazers. I'm not even freaking out because I really didn't think I would ever find someone who could even stand my obsessions, let alone live with them. Until I found Rick.

Rick
Inhale, hold, exhale. Inhale, hold, exhale. Inhale, hold, exhale. Three deep breaths to calm myself down. I know it seems like wedding jitters... And it is. I'm freaking out!

"It's going to be fine," Espo says, trying to calm me down.

"Yeah, remember this is the girl you want to spend your whole life with," Ryan says patting me on the back. "Plus, if you run away now and hurt Kate, we'll track you down and... Well... Let's just say you'll learn your lesson."

Great. Perfect stress reliever.

I decide to wait until the ceremony starts to panic. I would never run away on Kate, but I'm just scared. I don't want this marriage to end up like my last one. Although I don't really think Kate is a sicopathic goldigger, so I'm not that worried. This is probably dumb stress for no reason at all, but I'm still afraid. What if something goes wrong? What if I marry her and then we have to get a divorce or something?

"No," I tell myself, accidentally saying it out loud. Ryan and Espo look at me like bro, are you crazy, and I just turn back and look out the window. It'll all be fine. She's the right girl for me.