Chapter 6: The Plan

Hi! New chapter! Sorry for taking so long! Thanks to whoever followed this story till here. I'm going to start posting one chapter per week. Hope you like this one!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kate

I wake up with a massive headache. When I open my eyes, I notice I'm not in my room. Or my bed. I sit  and look around. Beside me is a dark-haired head. Rick? He is sleeping, but I can only see his back. He turns around sleepily and I realize... It's not Rick. I jump out of the bed. What is going on? What happened last night?

"Hey, beautiful," the man says sleepily. "You should calm down. Worrying gives you wrinkles."

He is completely calm, but I don't remember anything, which makes every possible sign of alarm in my body go off. "Did we..." I start.

"Oh, no. No, no, no. You were just really drunk, so I brought you to my place. I was going to sleep on the couch, but you told me to stay, so I did." He doesn't have any sign of alarm on his features.

"Okay," I say. " What about the man I was with. The man I..." I don't think I can say the word. "Kissed."

Still lying on the bed, he chuckles. "Well, that guy left before I even found you. I didn't even see a guy kissing you. Which must be weird for such a beautiful woman like you."

My face turns serious, "Are you flirting?" I ask daringly.

"Oh, no, sweetie. I'm gay," he smiles. I like him.

"Oh. Well, can you tell me what actually happened last night?" I ask, suddenly a lot more comfortable.

"Sure," he smiles, his green eyes sparkling.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rick

"Wake up, sleepy head," I walk into Alexis' room. It's her birthday today and we always spend it together. As Meredith left early today, we'll continue with our tradition.

"Leave me alone," Alexis says sleepily and I smile. I know the perfect way to wake her.

I start walking silently toward her bed. She's still asleep.

"Are you sure you want me to leave?" I say with a strong tone. As she turns around, I start tickling her.

"Fine! If- if you stop, I'll have breakfast," she cries between giggles. I stop tickling her and walk backwards, daringly, toward the kitchen. I can still hear her laughing. She makes me so happy.

At noon

We just got back from lunch at Alexis' favorite restaurant. I had a lot of fun, but I couldn't really focus. I can't get "the kiss" out of mi head. I have very mixed emotions about the event. Maybe because I cheated on my fiancé, or maybe because it felt completely right to be unfaithful. But it's not that bad, right? It's not like we slept together. I quickly push those thoughts away.

Meredith left very early today. At first, I was happy about it because it meant Alexis and I could spend all day together, but she isn't here yet and I'm starting to get scared. What if something happened to her?

Kate
"Oh my gosh, I LOVE this place! Let's eat here!" Brandon says excitedly. As it turns out, his name is Brandon Sanders and he's a fashionable and hyper man. He's also my new friend. We enter his "favorite" restaurant. He has so many favorites that I'm seriously not sure if this is the only one.

"Sure," I say, but I'm not as overjoyed as Brandon, as we've been through this process about a million times.

Time skip

"And then he just jumped in the lake!" Brandon laughs and I do too, even though I really didn't understand the story. After he stops laughing, I'm surprised at his sudden change of topic. "So who's that guy you were talking about. The one you... Kissed?" He says laughing.

"Well, if you insist, I'll tell you," I say with the same mocking tone he used. "He is tall, handsome, beautiful eyes, and an ultra-famous mystery writer," I tell myself to shut up. I'm sounding like a teenager with a crush!

Then, Brandon answers, "Well you should seriously calm down. It's not like you kissed Richard Castle," he sounds sarcastic, but I can't help but smile when he pronounces the man's name. He sees my gestures suddenly change and realization comes over his face. "Oh my god! It's Richard Castle! The author of Derrick Storm! You should've totally told me this before. I've had a crush on him since, like, forever!" Now he's the one who sounds like a teen with a crush. I look out the window blushing and see a car speeding toward the public library. Who could that be?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meredith
Poor, poor Rick. He actually thinks I love him. I've been out all day looking for loops. Maybe something that will let me take everything. All his money, all his fame, even his house. I grab a book from the shelf. I know the public library probably isn't the best place to look for political information, but I'm afraid that, if I use the computer at Rick's  apartment, he'll somehow find out what I was doing.

Something touches my shoulder and I turn around abruptly. "Hey, beautiful. Calm down, it's just me." He looks down at me and I melt under his touch. "What are you doing here? I was so scared when I couldn't contact you. I just rushed and passed about nine red lights," he looked worried and I smiled. He thought I loved him too.

"Look, Josh, I think I have to go. Rick is waiting, and I don't want him to know our plan," I say and turn around. As I leave I realize, my plan is perfect.