Chapter 7: The Wedding

I'm going to start posting 2 chapters a week. One on Mondays and one on Thursdays.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rick
Alexis' birthday was yesterday. I was worried for a while about Meredith, but she came back home for dinner and told me she was out with her sister. Apparently, she had already told me, but sometimes I forget, so I let it slide. I know she would never lie to me. Plus, she told me recently that her family was coming to New York to visit, I just didn't hear the exact date.

"Good morning, babe," I feel movement on the bed, as Meredith stands.

"Hey," I say sleepily. "Sleep fine?" I raise my head and realizes he's changing. "What are you doing?"

"I need to leave to meet Stacy. Her boyfriend broke up with her a few days ago and she's still heartbroken. She needs friend support," she smiles at me and leaves. A few seconds later, I hear the loud sound of the apartment door closing. We've been planning our wedding for a while, and it's in five weeks. I can't wait, but the planning exhausts me. That's why I let Meredith choose everything and I'll pay for it.

Kate
"I still think a bout him everyday, but I don't want to tell him because he's getting married," Lanie lets out a gasp or a whimper with every word I say as I tell her about my kiss wiring. Instead of looking at this as an engaged man cheating on his future wife with me, Lanie and Brandon see the situation as a 'tragic story of forbidden love.'

Pfft. As if. I wish, because, in those stories, the main characters actually end up together!

About five weeks later
Rick
The day is finally here. My wedding day. I love Meredith and, after planning this for so long, were finally here. I can't wait!

Kate
It's today. His wedding day. I'm happy he's happy, but I can't stop thinking about him. I kind of want him to be happy with me.

"It's today," I tell Lanie, who's helping me get ready.

"I'm so sorry, girl," she says.

Now, Brandon, Lanie and I are best friends, but he had to go for a while, so we are getting ready without him. Rick invited all of us to the wedding. Well, not Brandon, but he's my plus one. "You should tell him how you feel before he marries. What if he feels the same for you?" She tries to brighten me up, but it's not possible, not today.

"If he did, why is he marrying Meredith today?" My face drops and I feel awful, but I don't want to mess up his wedding.

Rick
Yes, it's my wedding day, but I still can't stop thinking about Kate. We haven't talked about our kiss, but I feel like it meant more than we thought. I wish she'd just talk to me.

"Hey, groom," Espo says as he enters the room in which I changed.

"Hey! That was my line!" Ryan exclaims as he enters too. These are my two best friends. Plus, they didn't say anything when I told them Meredith's brother has to be my best man.

"Hey, boys," I greet them and they look at me with pity in their eyes. They told me the other day that they saw the kiss and how I looked at Kate. They think I'm more in love with my coworker than with my fiancé! Sometimes I don't know if they're right or wrong...

Stop. I force those thoughts out of my mind, it's my wedding day!

A few hours later
On the aisle. Waiting. Meredith's late. I don't know if she got scared or if she left me on the aisle, but I seriously don't know what to think anymore. Why would she do this to me? I'm trying to keep smiling, telling everyone she's just a little late, but I'm not sure anymore.

Suddenly, the traditional wedding song starts to play and I see the woman I will spend the rest of my life with walking down the aisle with a beautiful, long, white dress, and a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. She has a huge smile on her face, but I can't smile. When I look at her face, Beckett's face comes to my mind. I look around and see her sitting on a back row. She looks happy, and sad, maybe it's because her date couldn't make it.

Kate
I look at Meredith. She has a gorgeous white dress and I feel my stomach twisting. I can't compete with that. I hope he's happy for the rest of his life because I don't think I'll see him again. I'm moving to Washington tomorrow for a new job offered and I'm still saying goodbye to everyone here. I guess I'll tell castle about it today.

Time skip

I can't see him like this. He looks so happy when I'm so miserable.

"The priests tarts talking again, "Meredith, do you take Richard to be your wedded husband, to live together in marriage?  Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him, for as long as you both shall live?

"I do," Meredith says and smiles.

"Richard, do you take Meredith to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage?  Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?

Rick looks at the crowd, "I do"

I can't take it anymore. I stand up and start leaving.

I'm almost at the door when the priest starts talking, "Well, if someone opposes, speak now or forever god your peace," he finishes and I turn around.

"I oppose!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you like this chapter! Tell me if I should keep posting! Don't forget to vote and comment.