Chapter 14: Are you sure?

Rick

"Im pregnant," she said, interrupting me. Everything from then on is kind of a blur. I remember shock and fear, her voice saying my name over and over, trying to make me react, but I didn't know how. Finally, I said the worst thing that I could have, but the only one that I could come up with.

"Are you sure?" I asked and she just stared at me for a while. I could tell what I said made her feel so wing, but I didn't know if it was sadness or anger or disappointment. All I know is she entered our room and put her stuff in bags. She left the apartment without saying a word. I tried to stop her, but I couldn't. She was already gone.

Kate

Are you sure??! Seriously? I was expecting approval. If he just says that, it normally means he doesn't want the baby. I know I shouldn't get so angry about something so stupid, maybe the hormones are already kicking in. Now I can't go back, so I get in my car and drive without destination until I find myself at my dad's house. I knock on the door praying for him to answer it.

He opens the door wearing pajamas and a tired look on his face, "Kate? Are you okay?"

"Can I crash here tonight, dad?" I ask, ignoring the subject.

"Sure," he says as he opens the door a little wider so I'll fit to enter the house.

I enter the living room and start arranging the couch to sleep in for one night.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks worriedly.

"No, thanks, dad."

The next day

I decided to go back home. Rick must be in our apartment already because we were supposed to go back today about two hours ago. I'm going to confront him because I have to apologize for how I reacted. It was ridiculous. I still don't tell my dad about it because I want to talk to the father of my baby first.

"Thank you so much for everything, dad. I'll see you later," I told my dad as I started my car.

"Don't worry about it, Kate. Call me whenever you want to talk," he responded, not worried anymore.

I drive for about an hour it's my mind blank. I can't think about what's going to happen next, even though I know Rick won't leave me. I hope he wants the baby, because I definitely do. I think we're ready to start a family and Alexis is ready to have a baby brother or sister.

I grab my keys and open the door. Inside, Rick is pacing around with a phone in his hand. "Yes, female, brown hair, beautiful brown eyes. Katherine Beckett. No. No. Yes! Okay, call me," he says as he hangs up the phone.

I enter the room. Clearly, Rick didn't hear me open the door, so I tap his shoulder.

"Baby? Are you okay?" I ask.

He looks up and turns pale. "Where were you? I looked for you everywhere! Espo's, Ryan's, Lanie's, her-"

I cut him off before he has a panic attack, "I was at my dad's house," I say.

"Oh. I guess I didn't look there," he says, calming down. "I have to call the police and tell them found you."

I sit down on the couch as Rick made a few phone calls. When he finally finishes, he walks over to me.

I start talking, "Look, Rick I-"

He cuts me off and says, "I just want to say something before you say anything," his look shows me he's waiting for some kind of response, so I nod and he continues, "I just want to say that I'm very sorry for whatever I did. I don't know about you, but I want this baby. I want it to be born, and I know I'm going to love him-"

"Or her," I said with a smirk.

He chuckles and continues, "or her, for the rest of my life. I'll never let anything happen to him... Or her, just like I did and still do with Alexis."

"I think you just stole every single word I was going to say for my vows," I say and he grins. "I love you so much, baby," I tell him before kissing him.

"I love you too."

"I guess we should tell Alexis," I say quietly and Rick nods.

"She's still at her friend's house, so we have to wait until four to pick her up."

"That's fine by me."

Alexis
Except I'm not. Daddy completely forgot that I'm in the next room. He picked me up a few hours ago, before he started calling the police.

"Wait. You're pregnant?" I say, storming in the room.

"Oh my god, Alexis, what're you doing here?" Kate says, her face white as if she just saw a ghost.

"Dad, here, picked me up a few hours ago and told me to stay in my bedroom, but when I heard you open the door, I came out here. Before I could say hi, you started saying all that dramatic stuff, so I didn't want to interrupt. Yay! I'm going to have a baby brother!... Or sister!" They both laughed and approached me to hug me. "No! Do not touch me," I scream.

"Why not? What's wrong?" My dad asks worriedly.

"Because... She's pregnant," I say and they look at me confused. "And that means you did it!" I say and run to my room as they chase me, laughing.

Oh my god. I can't even imagine them married and with another kid.

Like and comment if you enjoyed because it really helps me get motivated to keep writing! This book will be ending soon, so stick around! I'll post every Monday and Friday.