Chapter 9: Together

Hey guys! Friday chapter! Hope you like it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rick
I wake up with Kate's arms around me. She stayed with me last night when I told her Alexis went to a sleepover and I was alone at home. She was going to stay for a few hours, but I guess she fell asleep. I move a little to get confortable and Kate opens her eyes slightly.

"Hey," she says sleepily.

"Hey," I respond.

"Hey! What are you doing!" Alexis comes in the room and jumps on the bed. Kate looks surprised.

"Hello. And who might you be?" Kate asks as she sits.

"Well, I'm Alexis Castle, his daughter," she says pointing at me. "I live in this house and you don't, so, who might you be?" She puts her hands on her hips and looks at Kate protectively. Alexis couldn't come to the ceremony yesterday, so she doesn't know about Meredith yet. She had a birthday and said she preferred going to that than seeing Meredith in a white dress. I almost fell out of my chair in laughter when she told me. Lucky Meredith wasn't there.

Meredith. She broke my heart, but I don't care. I have Kate now.

"Well, my name is Katherine Beckett. You can just call me Kate,"

"Good. Where's Meredith?" Alexis says, still serious.

I step in, "Meredith left, baby. We didn't get married and she won't be back," I look at her and notice a smile forming on her lips.

"Yes!" She cries triumphantly.

I stand and tell Kate and Alexis I'm going to make some breakfast. When I leave my bedroom, I can already hear Alexis talking energetically about how happy she is. How could I have missed the way she hated Meredith? Well, at least I won't have to worry about that anymore.

Time skip
Alexis
I like daddy's new girlfriend. He says she's just his friend, but I know she isn't. He did the same thing when I met Meredith. We went to a movie, had lunch close to the Empire State Building and then went home. The only difference this time is that I actually like the girl. She's cool and always makes me laugh. She treats me like a person instead of a pet.

"So... Do you have a family?" I ask Kate, who's walking with a smile on her face.

"Yes. I don't have any siblings, but my mom and dad, whom I love very much, live just outside the city. We actually meet every week," she looks at dad, still smiling. They're so cute together!

My dad steps in saying, "You do? How come I've never heard of this?"

"Well, you've never had lunch with me on a Sunday, have you?" Kate asked and chuckled.

"How about this Sunday?" My dad said and smiled hopefully at her.

"Sure," Kate answered and I smiled as I held her hand.

Rick
I can't believe how good Kate is with Alexis! No one has had such a good relationship with her since her mother. Plus, she's super stubborn, so letting people in isn't something my daughter enjoys. This time, it's different, as Alexis is really hitting it off with Kate. They start talking and they both laugh, Kate likes everything Alexis likes, and she even offered to take my daughter to an amusement park.

"I'm tired, dad. Can we go home now? I already like your girlfriend," Alexis says and I kind of panic. She knows I do this so that she likes my girlfriends?

"Honey, I know you like her, I did his because I'm in the mood for a walk," I say.

"Come on. Even I know why you do this," Kate says and high fives Alexis as they giggle.

"Fine," I say and we all laugh as we head home.

The next day

"Bye, sweetie! See you on Monday!" I say as I wave at Alexis. I want some time alone with Kate, so I called Alexis' best friend's mom and asked her if Alexis could stay at her house for the weekend. Meanwhile, I'm taking Kate to the Hamptons, but she doesn't know my plan yet. Kate thinks we're staying home and watching a movie for the rest of the day, when I'm actually starting our romantic trip in one hour.

"So, what do you want to watch?" Kate asks as she gets settled on the couch.

"Let's go out. Go on a trip. What do you think?" I ask, walking towards her.

"Okay. Let's go," Kate stands, a little annoyed.

I start the car and we leave towards the Hamptons.

"Baby, she are we going?" Kate looks at me as she asks confused.

"On a trip," I say mysteriously and smile at her, as I notice how beautiful she is. With her beautiful eyes, her silky hair, and-

Suddenly, she points at my side of the car window and screams,"Watch out!"

I turn around.

Then everything turned black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you liked the chapter! If you did, don't forget to vote and comment because it really helps my motivation to keep writing. <3