Chapter 8: I Love You

New chapter!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meredith
"I oppose!" A voice from the crowd says. I KNEW that Kate Beckett girl would try to ruin my wedding! Why did I let her come? "I oppose.." The voice repeats itself, but this time it's in a whisper and it sounds like the person is talking to himself. It's a man. It's a man!

"Why would you do this to me? I did everything for you! I took care of her, told you all her secrets, told her my name was Brandon, I even told her I was gay! Just to be with you," that's when I realize, it's Michael. The third part of my plan. I guess it didn't work as planned.

"Oh my gosh, Brandon?" This time it's the stupid detective who's trying to steal my future husband. "Your name isn't Brandon? You were working with HER? You're not gay? I changed in front of you! I even took fashion advice from you! Does this dress even look nice?" She keeps asking and yelling and asking and yelling until I finally put myself together. I face Rick. He's staring wide-eyed at me. Then, I face Beckett, who's just staring haltingly at Michael. Then, I face Michael, who looks as if someone just stabbed him on the back. His loving eyes look at mine and I realiz... He's just ruined my plan!

"Look, Brandon, or whatever your name is, I think you're confusing me with someone because I would never do that to an NYPD detective, my husband, or my relationship. I think you should leave so that we can get on with the start of the rest of our lives," I look at Rick again and hold his hands. "Right, babe?"

"Y-yes. Yes. Let's continue," he seems shocked and I breathe calmly as my plan starts building itself again.

"No. No! I love you!" It's also a manly voice, but, it can't be Josh. Right? He knows how much this plan means to me! "I did everything and would do anything for you. Let's run away together. Please. We don't need his money or his fame, or even his autograph. We just need each other," he's holding out his hand for me to take it and start running, and I kind of want to, but I need the money.

He ruined everything, and I suddenly explode, "Don't you get it? It was never about US! It was about me. Me and my money, me and my life, me and my future!" Josh let's his hand fall and leaves silently with his head down. When I look at Rick, he looks completely heartbroken, but I don't care. I just want to leave with Josh. How did I ruin all this? I'm so stupid! I run out and see Josh entering his car. "Josh! Wait! Please," I keep running toward him until he finally turns around.

"How was I?" He says smiling.

"You were perfect!" I say and kiss him. "Now, let's go to Paris!" We get in the car and drive off into the sunset.

Rick
Well. That was weird.

My future wife just left our wedding to chase a man who interrupted our wedding and ruined her "plan" to steal everything from me.

Well. My life is over.

She already took everything. My money, my home, my Ferrari. Everything. I know because Meredith is too smart to leave a plan without anything but love she isn't in love with that Josh guy, she just wants someone to lean on.

"Hey..." Kate approaches me. I'm a mess and everyone already left to try to find the runaway bride. I'm still standing right were I was standing when she left.

"My life is over," I say, looking at the place where my fiancé used to be.

"No, it isnt! You'll make millions more!" Kate says encouragingly.

"You really think so?"

"I know so," she exclaims as she hugs me.

"How can you be so sure if you don't even read my books?" I stand up and look at her curiously.

"Well, let's just say I may have lied to your when we met," she looks down ashamed. I can't believe she feels ashamed! She just made me realize who I love most. "Your books actually helped me get through a break up."

"Well, you'll have to thank Derrick Storm for that," I say smiling.

Kate
I feel so bad for Rick. His fiancé just left him on the altar... I'm actually kind of glad about that part. I want him for me. He's the dreamiest, most handsome and funny man I've ever met.

"I love you."

"What?" Did he just-. He didn't. Right?

He holds my face in his hands and says, "I said, I love you."

"Oh my god. I love you too!"

He kisses me and I realize I meant what I said with all my heart.

I love him so much

Rick
I love her so much.