XLVII - Tomlinson

XLVII – Tomlinson

If you'd ask me right at this moment how I am feeling, I don't think I could answer you.

One moment, I was happy... so fucking happy that she'd forgiven me, that she was now back in my life. I didn't think she'd agree, I was mentally prepared that I'd be going back home empty handed. But I had the determination that if it happened, I'd be coming here tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that. I'd keep coming till she caved in. But I didn't have to do it, she said yes. I felt like I could touch the bloody moon.

And then Amanda came in. The facts that she exposed deemed me beyond shocked. Two months worth of excruciating heart-ache, all for nothing. This could all have been avoided, all the fights, the tears, the pain... it could all have been avoided if Amanda had just opened her fucking mouth and told everyone the truth. The shock that came was thus, replaced by anger, anger at myself for not thinking it through, at Aurora for not having faith on me and mostly at Amanda for all the obvious reasons.

But before anyone could say anything, the numbing scream that came from Rory shook me to my core. No matter how hard I try, I can never get the image of her, on her knees with a hand clutching to her lower stomach and one leaning on the ground for support. I could feel my heart stopping for a moment when I saw her bloodstained shirt and fingers; I could feel the blood draining from my face, and the walls caving in on me. I'm not a professional, but I know that blood doesn't mean good.

"Call an ambulance, quick!" I practically yell at Amanda before scurrying to her, going on my knees so as to put my face at the same level as hers.

"Arghh!" she cries, eyes shut tight and teeth gritting as she bends a bit, the pain obvious on her features.

I feel so helpless, so worthless as I rub her back, not knowing anything that can possibly be done to help her. "It's gonna be alright, it's gonna be just fine." I whisper, pressing my lips to the shell of her ear as I see her breathing deeply.

She shakes her head, a loud sob leaving her lips. "It... It hurts so bad."

I reach out for the hand leaning on the ground and she immediately grabs onto my hand, leaning into me as her vice grip clutches my fingers. "I... I can't take it Louis." She wails, "Make it stop. Please, make it stop." Her eyes plead to mine, the hazel ones getting glassy as fresh set of tears coat them and then she winces, making the tears fall and I know another wave of pain must have engulfed her to feel that way. She cries, loud and painfully, still clutching onto my hands and I feel my own throat caving in at the horrid sight.

"It's here!" I look up to see Amanda with a phone held in her hand, eyes wide and alert as she looks at me. "The ambulance is here."

I look down at the wailing girl in my arms, her face buried at the crook of my neck at the material of my shirt getting wet with her tears. Both her hands are clutching to my shirt now as she keeps crying.

"See baby?" I coo, "The ambulance is here, it's gonna be alright now." I caress her hair and press my lips to the top of her head, attempting to calm her down "We're gonna go to the hospital, the doctors will do some hocus pocus and you'll be as good as new." I tell her. That's when I hear the distant blaring of the siren getting nearer. "Just hold on, yeah?"

She answers with a feeble nod, hands still clutching to the material of my shirt. "Don't, don't leave me." She sniffs, "Stay with me, please. I'm... I'm so scared."

"Hey, hush now," I keep running my fingers through her hair to keep her calm. "You don't need to be scared, nothing will happen."

I see the front door opening and three men entering the flat along with a stretcher.