XXIV - Atkins

XXIV - Atkins

Two weeks is a pretty long time if you think about it. Fourteen days, almost half a month. But they seem to pass like a breeze.

Two weeks of hearing Louis bicker about how I wasn't making his tea the right way, two weeks of having his socks thrown randomly across the flat, two weeks of being the blissful couple, two weeks of comfortable cuddles, two weeks of amazingly breathtaking sex, two weeks of pure and utter bliss.

But it's also been two weeks since the morning sickness started kicking in and it's the same everyday.

Robotically, I walk to the bathroom and kneel down before I start throwing up. I feel a hand rubbing my back, the gesture is very comforting but I have no intention of waking him up from his slumber.

"You don't need to be here. Go sleep." I tell him before plunging my head back to continue my actions.

"'M not going anywhere baby." He says pressing his lips to the side of my head, "Staying right here."

And even though I am down on my knees with my legs touching the cold tiles and have this immensely bitter taste in my mouth because of the bile rising up, the feeling of his hand rubbing my back, him kissing my head momentarily and his words, they make me feel so... happy.

When I'm done and I'm sure that I don't have anything else left in me to throw up again, I rest a hand on his shoulder and use it as a leverage to stand up. He watches me silently as I make way to the faucet and start brushing my teeth. I can see the worried guilty look every time through the mirror as he folds his arms and leans on the doorframe.

When I'm finally done, I turn around and walk over to him with a gentle smile to tell him that it's okay; and he smiles back. A hand reaches out to my face, the thumb gently caressing my cheeks and I instinctively close my eyes and lean in to the warm touch.

"You okay?" He asks, his tone laced with concern.

I nod, and when I open my eyes he removes his hand. The warmth of his hand is missed as soon as I'm void of his touch but before I can say more, he is down on his knees.

Well this is new...

I frown, without the slightest clue of what is on his mind when he looks up, his eyes asking for permission. I shrug, not knowing what else to do before he lifts my shirt up to reveal my belly. The slightest shiver runs down my spine on exposing my bare skin but I brush it off, focusing on Louis.

"Hey there li'l guy-"

"Ahem" I feign a cough making him look up. As soon as he sees me raising an eye-brow, he shakes his head and his attention is back on my stomach.

"O-Or girl," he corrects, he gently runs a hand over my bare skin and I bite my lower lip in a pathetic attempt to tame the massive smile. "I want you to tone down a bit, yeah? Don't make mummy suffer." And then he does something that was completely unexpected; he leans in and presses his lips against my stomach to leave a gentle kiss.

My heart felt like someone blew air into it, inflating it so it may just float right up my throat and out of my body.

He then stood up, letting the material of my shirt fall ball covering my torso once again. He smiles at me, the tousled hair that makes a matted mess on top of his head making him look so bloody adorable.

He steps closer and raises his hand to the nape of my neck letting his thumb rest on my jaw. "D'you want me to tuck you in?"

I nod, "That would be nice."

"I'm sure it would." He leans in before pressing his lips on my nose making me scrunch it up a bit. He chuckles shaking his head. I can't help but hide by face at the crook of his neck feeling terribly embarrassed. "You know sometimes I think I'm the older one in this relationship."