VII - Tomlinson

VII - Tomlinson

"I'm pregnant."

It felt like time stood still, like someone just hit the pause button.

Did I just hear it wrong? Yeah, that must be it. I chuckle at myself, shaking my head a bit, "I'm sorry, can you say it again? I thought you said-"

"I'm pregnant Louis; there is a developing embryo inside of me." She cuts me off, the vein prominent on her forehead, an obvious sign of frustration.

I just sit there... eyes wide, jaw slack, body numb... this must be a dream, I'll wake up any second now. C'mon Louis! Wake up! I start pinching my fore-arm. OW! Shit! Fuck, fuck, fuck! What the fuck! It's not a dream. This is re-

"The fuck are you doing?" she yells, annoyed and confused with me.

"I- How... how did this happen?"

"You see Louis, when two people-"

"I know! I know! How did... how did you find out?"

She rubs her face with her palms, taking her sweet time before her hands fall on her lap. I can't do anything but look at her like a lost puppy, in dire need for answers. "I haven't had my period for six weeks."

"Oh..." I whisper awkwardly and she laughs... why is she laughing?

"You're one of those men aren't you?'

"Wh-"

"Those who think that 'period' is a taboo topic."

"Well, I find it awkward to discuss about." I admit.

"So you'd rather have us pretend like the womankind doesn't bleed for five days each month so that humans can procreate?" I open my mouth to say something, but it just ends up looking like a fish in an aquarium. I know it's of no use replying her.

"I'm sorry." I apologize, I should just back off. "Are you sure? Maybe it was a false call, maybe-"

"I did the pregnancy test thing five times, they were all positive."

Fuck. This can't be real. I run my hands through my hair involuntarily with my breath heaving in anxiety. "But... but I used a condom. I know I did!"

"Well obviously you didn't do a good job at it." She yells eyes wide, fists balled.

"A-are you sure it's mine? I mean... Maybe... it might be someone else's." This is the only hope I have.

She sighs, shaking her head is disappointment. What? It had to be asked.

"You're the only person I've had sex with in almost a year." A year? That's... long.

Her face is now in her hands, elbows digging on her knees. "What happens now?" I've never been so fucking clueless in my life.

Her hands fall from her face, but her head remains facing the ground. "Louis, I just need to tell you that you are not stuck here."

"What?"

"Whatever I do, whether I choose to have the baby or to abort it, you are not obligated to stay. You can walk out."

"Are you kidding me? I am just as responsible for this as you are, I can't let you do this on your own."

"I'm twenty-five; I'm old enough to have a baby. I can do this."

No, she can't so that! Shit! I'm twenty-three! My life just started to kick off!

"Rory... I-"

"But I can't do this Louis, I don't have a job, if I'm going to be a single mum I'll need a job. My life is a fucking mess right now, everything is falling apart and I'd just started to pick up the pieces when this happens." It's like she's thinking out loud, her mind unraveling before me. "I'm a bloody work in progress myself! How am I supposed to deal with another human being!" her face is back in her hands and she's a sobbing mess.

Work In Progress |L.T| |A.U|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें