Ch-9 ★Ghost of the past

Start from the beginning

Vivan gently set me down on the staircase and grabbed my hand. He practically dragged me to his room. He had such organized room. There was a table with lamp in the corner and a large, round bed in another corner. He sat down on the bed and pulled me into his lap. I took a deep breath in.

"Mom and D-dad," I began with a shaky breath, trying to hold back the tears. "They were fighting. When I got closer to their room, I heard them talk about my custody." Tears were already spilling out my eyes. Vivan looked at me. His expression had softened.

"Hey there sunflower don't cry," He spoke gently wiping my tears. "Don't worry about them. You have me. I'll always take care of you."

I looked into his blue eyes. The blues eyes that I was just beginning to love. He leaned down and placed a soft kissed on my lips. I placed my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss as he smirked against my lips. He broke the kiss.

"I love you," He whispered pressing his head against mine.

His voice brought me back to the present.

"He has upper respiratory infection," He said looking directly at me, his blue eyes studying my expression carefully.  I couldn't look into them. They brought back too many memories from the past, I wished to forget. Why did I feel like I was the reason for our break-up? No-matter how hard I tried I could never blame him. Maybe it really was my fault. Maybe He got tired of taking care of me.

"I have given him an injection that'll lower his fever and here are some medicines. Give them to him when he wakes up," He held out his hand, and gave me a bottle of pills. "Make sure he takes them twice a day for four days,"

I nodded my head. What am I supposed to say to you, Vivan? "Will he be alright?"

He smiled, the corner of his lips moving upwards. "By tomorrow morning he'll be in perfect condition,"

He just stared at me for few seconds, before his eyes drifted to look at Jay. For a moment in my imagination he looked hurt but he quickly covered it up with a smile. He was always good at covering things. I could never tell what was going around in his mind.

 "I'm happy that you've moved on," He thought, Jay and I were together. I wanted to correct him. I wanted to tell him that it was nothing like that. I wanted to tell him that I'm still the girl you had left six months ago; I'm still waiting for you to return. I wish I could tell him all that. I really wish I could but I couldn't. My pride stopped me from speaking further.

I forced my lips into my smile. "I found someone just like you found someone else. How is she? I don't even know her name," I laughed. It hurt to laugh.

He chuckled. "Her name is Veronica and she's fine,"

"That's good," And the conversation fell into an awkward silence. Vivan got up from the bed, his tall figure hovering over my petty frame. He fixed his white coat and picked up his black case with his other hand.

"I should be heading back to my clinic," He stood in front of me. He was reachable but out of my grasp. I no longer held that right over him, the right of being his girlfriend. If I were his girlfriend, I'd ask him to stay with me and never leave my side.

"Yes, of-course." I escorted him out of the Jay's bedroom. We walked side by side through the hall into the contemporary styled living room. He walked up to the maroon colored, main door, twisting its knob, he stepped out. I stood by the open door. He looked at me for the final time with his blue eyes studying me carefully. It was as if he was trying to capture my face into his mind. He was trying to memorize it. But why?