Vince Greywald

Swimming, the best thing in the entire world. I could feel the adrenaline rush I was getting from the sprint kick in as I made it to the last length of my 100m freestyle. One, two, three, four, five, breath, one, two, three, four, five, breath. My arms moved mechanically in the familiar rhythm. My hands came up and slapped the wall, I stood up abruptly.
"Good swim," A dark haired boy held out his hand. He was new to the team and this was his first meet. I looked at him confused, was he complimenting me or what? The blonde girl that had appeared by his side gave a sigh.
"You raced." She gestured to me and the green eyes boy. "He won, you came in second." She pointed to me, my jaw dropped I have never been beaten before, nether less that but by the new kid? You've got to be kidding me!
"Therefore." The girl continued "he is saying "good swim" as in "good game". And if you're too dumb to understand that!" She rolled her eyes "then think of it as "I won but no hard feelings."
The boy stood there with his hands still extended out into the air.
"I'm Percy by the way." He smiled.
"Vince." I didn't take his hand just climbed out of the pool "of so you're the other guy they wanted to be the captain of the team." Percy smiled "it's nice to meet you, I've heard so much about you!" The girl elbowed him in the side.
"What?!" He complained, she leaned forward and whispered something in his ear. Percy's smile faded. He turned to me awkwardly.
"Well bye then, good luck with trying to be the captain! I mean I hope you get it! I mean, oh screw this, I'll see you around. He walked off with the blind girl, hand in hand.
Why did that guy get everything he wanted?