Chapter 20

" Its nice to meet you Gia," my uncle huffed. He stuck out his hand to properly great Gia. Only she didn't move, didn't even blink.

" What's gotten into her."

I only wish I knew.

" Gia aren't you going to shake my uncles hand?"

No response.

I waved my hands in front of her face. Earth to Gia. " Uh Gia."

" Yes," she asked fully alter.

I gave the gesture to my uncle saying go ahead she's paying attention now.

" It's a pleasure to meet you Gia."

Lie. My uncle hates meeting new people. He held out his hand once more but Gia didn't take it. Thats strange. 

"Same to you." It sounded more forced than sensire. Am I missing something here?

" Ok everyone dinner is ready!"

Yay! Food! Distraction!

" I need to use the bathroom first," Gia informed.

" Of course dear. Its down the hall and to the right."

After Gia fled the room I turned to my uncle and to my mom.

" I'm so sorry. I didn't know she was going to be this..."

" Rude? Blunt," my uncle interupted.

Not quite the words I was looking for.

" I was going to say not very polite."

" She should have more manner than that," he grummbled before heading to the dinning room.

I let out a sigh and my mom placed a hand on my shoulders.

" Don't listen to him dear. I'm sure Gia is just nervous. Why don't you go get her so we cant start dinner." 

I nodded and went to the bathroom. I was about to knock on the door when it sounds like Gia was on the phone with someone. I only caught part of the conversation.

 " He introduced himself as Jason Dallas...  At dinner with a friend."

Oh so we are friends now?

" I can't. A friend of mine brought me here..."

I figured now was a good time to knock.

Knock Knock!

" Gia are you ok?"

No answer.

" Gia answer me."

When Gia still didnt answer I croutched down to take a peek though the peep hole since I figured the door would be locked. Gia frantically ended her phone call and quickly texted someone. 

Once she was done she looked around the bathroom frantically then her face lit up like the fourth of July. Then next thing I heard was.

" Owe!!!!!!!!!!"

I don't get it. How can she go from smily and sneaky to pain in a matter of seconds?

I don't think she's faking it, but I better ask if she's alright just to make sure.

" Gia are you ok????"

" Nooooo."

She really doesn't sound good. I stood up because I was gettin a cramp in my leg and asked whats the mater.

" Pain. Lots of pain!"

She sounded like Heather when she was being killed by the psyco killer in Scary Movie. In pain, but faking it.