Chapter 2

" Well thats the last of them," Miss Queen announced.

Hallejah-fucking-luah!

"What are you going to do now?"

What I've been dying to do since I woke up. " I'm going to go home and pass out."

I stacked all of the notes I did write down and headed towards Declans office. Declan was a a short stout man in his mid sixties with gray salt and pepper hair. He had a thing for wearing a green and yellow checkered flat cap and always had his nose stuck in something. Today it was the novel Roots. Predicting that he won't akwlogae me, because one he's into something he goes to DeclanVille I crossed over the threshold and rapped at the door.

" Phoinex," he greeted in a tremlous tone. He marked his spot and set the book in his lap, " You startled me. Whats up?"

 I held the yellow paper up in the air. " Just wanted to give you these." 

" Excellent thank you."

I gently laid them down on his desk. " How did the auditions go," he asked without looking up from my mental  notes

I shrugged. Shitty.

" I could tell most of them are cocky and don't practice much. And some of them have trouble reading music."

" I see," he observed.

I doubt it he does. Its excutiatining teaching at a collage level and the members who want to join have a hard time counting eight notes. Its either that or nerves. Could be both. Most likely its both.

" Well," Declan declared, " Its time for some changes. I want you to come up with a plan to make the band program better."

Ugh!

I don't want to! 

" This is important Phoenix," he stressed, " We want people to stay in music because as you know without be..."

" Flat," I finished for him, " I know I know I heard that joke before."

" I was going to say mistake..."

Oh. I dont remember that version.

But he does have a point. I wouldnt of made it though any phases of the life of Phoneix Maddox without music.

" Get your plan to me for next year by the end of the semester please. Be detailed. Ok?"

Ya ya ya I got it detalied no slacking! Now time for that nap.... Right as soon as I get home.

****

My eyelids were just starting to fog over and fluttering shut when my phone went off.

It wasn't my normal ringtone so I knew automatically who it was... My mother.

I better answer her. If I don't she'll just call the home phone.

Da-Ding!

Damn! Missed it by a mintue.

Wait for it... Wait for it... Wait for it...

Ba-ring ring! 

There you have it! 

I sulked into the living room and ansered on the fifth ring.

" Hello mother."

" How did you know it was me?"

Lucky hunch.

" Your the only person that calls the home phone after you try my cell."

" Thats not true. Nicola did that all the time."