Don't You Dare Look Back

The afternoon passed by and the sun was starting to set when she and Oliver finally emerged from his-their room. Oliver headed in one direction and she another. She had decided to seek out Thea. The teen may not what to talk about what was going on but she could be there for her, maybe even distract her with some babbling. She found her sitting at her desk in her room. The door was slightly ajar so she brought her hand up and rapped her knuckles against the door.

"Thea? Can I come in?" She asked, her head sticking through the crack in the door.

The young woman looked up from the hole she had been staring into her desk, her eyes focused on her and she put the pencil she had been tapping back on the desk.

"Yeah," she replied and turned in her chair.

She pushed the door open and came fully into the room and sat on the ottoman at the end of Thea's bed.

"Did you guys get settled?" Thea questioned.

Blood rushed to her cheeks and she turned quickly to hide it. "Yep," she squeaked.

"Mmmhmm," Thea said her eyes filling with mirth. "Sooo...have you guys been thinking about baby names yet?"

She glanced at her with a grateful expression for letting the topic of well... that drop. "That's right we haven't told you yet."

"So you know?"

"We do," she said while absently rubbing her belly.

"Oh," Thea started jumping in her seat. "You have to tell me!"

"Can't, Oliver would kill me."

"My brother wouldn't hurt you and besides I'm sure you could find a way to ask for forgiveness," she said while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Thea!" She said in mock exasperation and threw a pillow at her making the teen duck and hold her stomach with laughter.

"I'm sorry, it's just that my brother clearly loves you so much and you blush so easily, It's hard not to poke a little fun." Thea leaned back in her chair. "I may be mad at him right now but I like seeing you both so happy."

She reached her hand out to Thea and she rose from her chair and joined her on the ottoman, sitting Indian style on the cushion.

"Thea...your brother loves you so much. And I know it's hard to see it right now, you feel betrayed and rightly so but Thea you have to try to understand where he's coming from."

Thea turned her head and crossed her arms over her chest. She reached out and took one of her tiny hands in her own.

"Please, Thea, could you just try and listen to what I have to say?" She pleaded.

Thea nodded stiffly and she took and deep breath before continuing on. She sent a prayer up for the right words.

"Sometimes the people we love keep secrets because they believe it's what's best for us and most of the time they're wrong. But sometimes...rarely so. They're right." Tears filled her eyes and she turned away from her for a moment before a squeeze brought her gaze back to Thea brown tear filled eyes. She sniffed and cleared her throat. Trying to push her own past worries behind her.

"I understand, more than you think. There are just some things that you don't want to know, it makes your life easier, leaves you with less insecurities. That's why your Mom and brother lied to you. They didn't want you to have to live with what your father was because he wasn't your father. Robert was, he raised you, he was there to pick you up when you fell, through the ups and down, the first steps, the first words. He loved you Thea. Malcolm was an evil man and he has nothing to do with you. You are nothing like him. So be mad at them, they lied to you, I get it. But not for too long, because they need you, especially now."