Silence Isn't Always Golden

It was a quiet night in the foundry and Oliver was out searching for the woman who drugged him. The comm had been silent and it worried her but she had to trust that he could take care of himself. To distract herself she ran a sweep on her computer and made a few improvements to her firewall. Her head close to the screen, she was so immersed in the code she was writing she didn't hear him enter and come to stand beside her.

"What are you doing?" She jerked her head away from the screen and jumped so high that she fell from her chair sending it rolling backwards across the room. "Holy-" And as she landed on her butt on the hard floor her legs sticking straight in the air she cursed the romance novels that said the man always caught the woman before she falls. That's absolute crap. Oliver had ninja skills for Google's sake and yet there she was laying on the cold cement floor. She felt kinda disappointed and made a decision to throw out all her Nicholas Sparks novels when she got home.

"Sorry," he said sincerely as he reached a hand out to help her up. She was thankful today was a 'I don't feel like wearing a skirt' day. "I'll try to be louder next time."
He retrieved her chair and rolled it back to her.

"Thanks." She sat down and readjusted her glasses that had slid down her nose. "So how did it go?"

"Heather Monroe was just a fence. Didn't take long to get the the real dealer out of her, a man named Howard Walker."

"What happened?"

"Lets just say his operation is shut down and he'll never drug anyone ever again."

Her eyes widened but she didn't say a word. "I didn't kill him Felicity." He stared straight at her, willing her to believe him. "I just banged him up a bit," he muttered under his breath.

"Never said you did." He made a noise that sounded like 'Mmhmm' and leaves the room presumably to change out of his Arrow suit. She turned back to her computers to finish the updates. The foundry was silent once again. Sometime later Oliver entered again and started sharpening his arrows. Something he does when he's wound up. After awhile even that stops.

"I saw the woman in black again tonight."

"You did," she asked as she turned to look at him. "Where?"

"She was in the glades. Saved a woman from a group of thugs. I only got a glimpse of her before she disappeared again." He leaned against the metal table he had just been sitting at.

"Looks like you've started a movement."

"I don't want to start a movement. I want to find out who she is and stop her."

"Oliver she saved you from Laurels trap and has been taking down criminals, misogynist criminals all over the city. She's doing good for the city, saving people, why not just leave her alone, at least until she gives us a reason not to."

"She wasn't there when it counted."

"What?"

"You were kidnapped. Where was she then?"

"Oliver-"

"No, if she was really helping women of this city then she would've stopped Mathis. We find her, we stop her." He shoved away from the table and stalks out of the room.

The next day the woman in black saved Laurel from being mugged and disappears into the night once again. For some odd reason that only riles Oliver up more.

"There's something up with this woman," said Diggle.

"We've got to find her." Oliver replied angrily. Shouldn't he be happy that whoever she was she had saved Laurel?