Prologue

Song for this Chapter: Make This Leap by The Hunts

Prologue:

Felicity Smoak lived a normal life, she was a IT girl who worked at Queen Consolidated, coded computers in her off time and ate pizza, had Netflix marathons on the weekends and occasionally went out with friends from work.

Her life was completely ordinary and uneventful until a man with striking blue eyes and dark blonde hair brought her a bullet ridden laptop and a lame excuse.

‘I spilled a latte on it,” he had said. Really? She was blonde but not that blonde.

That day changed her life, of course she didn’t know it then. He kept coming back to her, each time with a worse excuse than the time before. She had a feeling everything was about to change and she was right.

A couple months later she was knee deep in vigilante business and had a small crush on the man himself. She rationalized to herself that it was just a fascination with his abs but she knew she wasn’t that shallow.

There was just something about Oliver Queen.
She kind of hated the feelings she had. She didn’t want to be another female in the long line of women that were chasing after him. She deserved to have someone chase after her, who wanted her for her and not for something that he could use her for. She had had enough of that in college. A pang shot through her at the thought of Cooper.

Felicity glanced at Oliver as they rode back into Starling City in the Bentley.

She recalled continuously tamping her feelings down the past year. When the Undertaking happened and she had been stuck under the rubble of Verdant waiting for her comm to switch back on after Oliver had disconnected it to go save Laurel she had decided to push her feelings down so far that not even she could rediscover them, but every time Oliver’s blue eyes had found her after the quake, after he lost Tommy they all came rushing back to the surface.
After Tommy’s death all he needed was a friend so she pushed her feelings aside determined to be that friend. Oliver had shown up at her townhouse a few days after the quake with the promised bottle of wine and they shared the wine and silence together. He needed the company not chatter so she kept quiet until the bottle was empty.
“Thank you,” she had said. He had squeezed her shoulder then he was gone.

The next day she found out he had left Starling City and deposited a million dollars into her and Diggle’s bank account. That had made her angry. Did he think he could just pay them and leave like the past year didn’t matter? Digg told her that he needed time.

So she used the time and money while he was gone to remodel the foundry and even spent some of the leftover money on some new clothes for herself.

Her patience ran out with Oliver three months later. Stellmoor International was trying to take over QC, Oliver’s mother was on going to be on trial soon and his sister was on her own. It was time he came home. So she and Diggle spent the next next few weeks tracking him down which led to her jumping out of a airplane onto Lian Yu, stepping on a land mine, almost getting blown up and playing Tarzan and Jane with a very sweaty Oliver. That moment was forever seared into her memory. Oh sweet abs, and that wasn’t even the only exciting thing of the week.

Oliver got his company back though he had to be co-CEOs with Isabel Rochev. Oliver had “promoted” her but she didn’t see it as a promotion. She was overqualified for the position and knew that people would see it as her sleeping her way up the ladder. Even though being a Executive Assistant was a step down. She wasn’t happy about it and scoffed “EA,” as she had slammed her tablet keypad on the desk.

Oliver had appealed to her logical side and she had relented but not without making sure he knew she would never bring him coffee.
Oliver fought the triad and took down China White and her new partner Ben Turner AKA Bronze Tiger which was a horrible alias because Tigers were not bronze.

How had she get to the point where talking about the Chinese triad, men with claw like knives coming out of their hands and planning Oliver Queens life was a normal occurrence.

Yes it was back to business as usual until a drunken night of passion led to a missed period and a positive pregnancy test. Think that’s the worst part? No, it gets worse. It wasn’t some random guy she met at a bar she woke up next too, oh if only she had been that lucky.

It’s the hooded vigilante known as The Arrow himself, her boss, her friend, Oliver Queen....and he doesn't even remember.

Oh, it couldn't suck any worse.

And that was just the beginning of her story.

                                                                                                               >------->