The Calm Before The Storm

Ten days passed and everything went back to normal. Well....as normal as your life can be when you spend your days as a overly qualified secretary to a billionaire and your nights as a IT girl for a vigilante clad in green leather who just so happened to be her billionaire boss and oh she almost forgot, seven weeks pregnant with said billionaires/vigilante's baby which he had no idea existed. Nope, that wasn't complicated at all.

Felicity had spent some time on a online women's forum and done some research and in doing so had found a way to settle her stomach. Ginger Ale, cheerios and toast were all good options in the morning and it seemed to be working since she hadn't had another incident at the office...so far. She still felt sick in the morning's and had the occasional jaunt to the bathroom but by the afternoon her nausea had eased and by the time she was at the foundry handling Arrow business she was fine and usually wolfing down something Digg would bring her for dinner. Digg kept sending her these weird glaces, like he was reading her mind. It was starting to get uncomfortable because he couldn't know right? She had just found out herself. Digg knew her better than anyone so he must at least know something was up with her but they had been so busy he hadn't had time to ask her.

Moira's trial was fixing to start and Oliver was strung tighter than his bow string. He had been quieter than usual, distant and whenever he entered the Arrow Cave (She only called it that in her head because he hated it which made her want to call it that more so) he barely spoke two words to Diggle and her that weren't about the mission they were on. She tried not to take it personally, he was under a lot of stress but it still stung. She let the silence stretch even though it went against every instinct inside of her and just gave him his space instead choosing to spend her time catching up on the never ending paperwork at QC. She would leave her desk empty and clean in the evenings only to come back to it with stacks of folders in the morning. How was that even possible?

She was going through some of the paperwork and separating them into folders and listening to news about the Particle Accelerator turning on soon and Moira's trial when Digg walked in looking like he had one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel. "No offense but you look disgusting," she exclaimed.

"Well I don't feel great Felicity," he said as he flipped through a file. "And is there a right way to take that? I'm probably coming down with what you had last week."

"Oh I seriously doubt it," she muttered under her breath as she rose from the desk."You should go home."

"I will, I just need to make arrangements for a replacement bodyguard."

She nodded and started towards Oliver's empty office. "Did you get the flu shot? Personally I never do, I know that I should but I have this thing about needles. All pointy things really which is ironic considering who we work with." She finishes her babble and looks at Digg, he's loosened his tie, sweat is beading on his forehead and looks like he's about to pass out. "Hey, you're really sick. It's gotta be the flu going around."

"It's not the flu Felicity," he choked out before he fell to the floor.

"Digg!" she yelled while trying to catch his arm. She checked his pulse, it was there but weak and his pupils were dilated and he was gasping for air. He tried to talk but couldn't get the words out. Finally he said "Don't call Oliver," before his eyes closed and he promptly passed out. This was most certainly not the flu. She had to get him out of here and to the foundry but how? He was too weak to walk and too heavy to lean on her. She left the office looking for anyone to help her and spotted a security guard that has been posted by the elevators since the hood incident last month.

"Excuse me! My friend, he's sick, I need to get him to my car but he's really heavy. Can you help me?"

The guard rushed forward. "Of course Ms. Smoak," the guard replied. He was a large man so he was able to get Diggle standing and they flanked both of his sides on the way downstairs, he took the brunt of the weight and for that she was very thankful. Once downstairs they sat him down and she ran to the parking garage and pulled her car around. As he helped her get John settled in the car she learned his name was Ted Conway.