This Is The Beat Of Your Heart

Start from the beginning

"Humor me will you?"

She sent her a sideways glace and pressed the small crown down further into her curls. Secretly the idea of wearing tiara was very appealing. You could ask any woman, it didn't matter who they were, at one point in their life they imagined being a princess. She had before she found her one true love. Computers. The day she stole her Dad's tech to build a supercomputer was the day her dream morphed into something new. No longer was it of being a princess but of using her skill to make the world a better place. One piece of tech at a time. She rubbed her hand across her stomach receiving a kick in answer. Now look where she was. She couldn't imagine actually being a princess would be any better than her life right now. Thea reappeared at her side and she jumped. She hadn't even noticed she was gone.

"You alright?" Thea asked, her brow furrowed with worry. She smiled reassuringly.

"He's kicking." She said simply while taking her hand and laying it against her abdomen.

"Oh...is that a good thing? The only thing I know about babies is the stuff I learned from movies..." Thea trailed off, her eyes widened then snapped up to meet hers. "That's my nephew!" She laughed. "Oh boy, am I going to spoil him rotten."

A cacophony of voices reached her ears, echoing in the large hallways and her laughter died down. "Thea, exactly who all did you invite?"

"Relax, just a few people. Mostly close friends of yours and Ollie's of course. I wasn't going to have you uncomfortable."

She sighed in relief just as a group of familiar and unfamiliar women filled the doorway, led by Moira. She spotted Sara and the blonde sent her a look that said I-know-exactly-what-your-thinking-and- if-you-run-I-will-catch-you. She and Thea went to meet the group that. Moira introduced her to several of the women but she gravitated back to the familiar faces. She was surprised to see Laurel standing a few feet from her sister. Sara came and hugged her.

"I hope you don't mind, I invited Laurel to tag along," said Sara leaning closer to her and whispering. "Is it too weird?"

Too weird? Her husbands ex-girlfriend, the woman he loved for years, that quite possibly helped him make it through five years of hell on Lian Yu, attending her baby shower? No, not weird at all. Heck, she should have had Thea invite Helena and McKenna and string a banner that said "Women who've slept with Oliver Queen." She was a walking fanfiction story. Four women he slept with, one he impregnated. It was quite comical. She snorted a laugh and Sara's eyebrows rose.

"Uh sorry, inner ramblings. No of course not." She turned to Laurel. "Thank you for coming." The brunette smiled genuinely.

"Congratulations. You look stunning."

"Really? Thank you. I feel like a bloated whale but Oliver doesn't seem to mind." Once she realized what she said a blush spread up her neck and into her cheeks. "Uh I totally didn't mean that sexually I just meant..." Laurel took her hand and led her away a few feet away from the group.

"Felicity, I know you and I don't really know each other, but I do know Oliver." Laurel tilted her head to the side. "I've never seen him so happy. The way he is with you? He was never like that with me or anyone else. He's changed and that's because of you Felicity. I loved Ollie and you and I both know he died on that Island. You married Oliver and I couldn't be happier for you both. I want you to know that and I'd like...us to be friends. That's why I came today, its a step in that direction. If Oliver, Sara and even my Dad love you then obviously I've been missing out on knowing an amazing person."

Tears filled her eyes for the second time that day and she squeezed Laurel's hand tightly, only capable of nodding in answer. She cleared her throat. "Nothing would make me happier Laurel."