Chapter 13

Sorry for the weird updating schedule, I have far too much homework to update like everyday, so the updates are gonna be kinda slow but I'm working on it :)

And sorry if the writing's crap, I'm writing this at one in the morning oops

********************************************

Xavier's POV

I pace in my office, ignoring the growing stack of paperwork on my desk. It's mostly letters from other packs saying they haven't seen my mate or offers from numerous cautious alphas asking for peace treaties; my vicious behavior is pretty well known by plenty of the alphas in the states, and nobody wants to fight with me right now. I've mostly left the paperwork to the Beta, I can't focus on anything without her. Elaina. My sweet, missing mate. I'm useless to my pack without her. I'm useless to her.

Honestly, how big of a dick do you have to be to do what I did and just leave your mate alone after she cries for hours? I'm disgusted with myself. And sending a few guards to each pack to look for her is going too slowly. I need to do something. I need to get her back. I need her. I send out a mindlink to the pack, giving out orders.

"I want three pack members and two guards sent to each pack in this country right now. Everyone leaves in the morning, leave enough guards to protect the remaining pack members. You should all know who my mate is. If you find her, mindlink me immediately so I can come get her. Start packing. Now."

I growl, knowing I have to stay here while my beautiful Elaina is out somewhere in the world, maybe not even in the country, doing God knows what. She could've been kidnapped, or raped, or mated by someone else. She could be hurt, anything could be going on with her right now. Fuck it, my beta can take care of the pack while I'm gone, I need to find her.

I want to scream. I want to cry and throw a tantrum and punch more holes in the wall. Not that I haven't, my pack is probably terrified of me now, and the repair man gave up on the house, which has holes in the walls scattered all over, mostly in my room and office. It doesn't really matter, the damage is done, and not necessarily to the house.

Just thinking about what I did and how Elaina's not here anymore, I'm flooded with guilt and anger, and I take it out on the furniture around me, destroying my desk and making papers fly around the office.

Elaina's POV

I make an inhuman groaning sound as the sun hits my face. I roll over, wanting to go back to sleep only to see Cat there, standing in pajamas with a smirk on her face. It surprises me so much I shriek and fall off, making her laugh loudly.

"Ow," I mutter, rubbing a bruise on my hip that I landed on. I glance down and grimace at the dark bluish black. I peek over the bed and look at Cat. "Why are you in here?" I'm a little embarrassed, my pajamas don't cover all my bruises and scars despite having long pants (The shirt has short sleeves, and I'm really self conscious about my scars). Also, I'm still legitimately afraid of being attacked by someone, so I stay hidden behind the bed and let my eyes look around the room as she answers.

"Well, I'm bored, you're fun to hang out with and there's still a few days of spring break left, so yeah. Also, Kaeden wants to join us. Come on, I'll help put together your outfit and stuff."

I weakly get up, still shaken from Cat surprising me like that. I sit on my bed and start brushing through my hair with my fingers while Cat scurries around my closet, pulling out a few items and handing them to me. She pulls out a little bag of makeup from the closet. I, naturally, shoved it all the way in the back once we got home yesterday, but I guess I can't escape it today.

I go into the bathroom, refusing to get changed in front of another living being and quickly, without looking at the mirror, yank on my outfit for the day. I finally face the mirror, examining the black jeans, and the soft, long-sleeved beige shirt with a skull wearing a bow on it. I look at my messy hair, and just cover it with a black beanie, shrugging. I shove my sock-encased feet into a pair of combat boots and finally come back into my room, to immediately be assaulted with a makeup brush.