Plans, and Strings.

Start from the beginning

She pulled up my sleeve. 'Your whole body getting marred with scars also comes with the job?'

'It does.' I narrowed my eyes at her as I pushed myself off the bed.

'Why do you do this if it does more harm than good?' She cried out, getting too emotional all to fast.

I stopped at the door, tilting my head towards her, and in a cold voice replied. 'Don't act as if you know me, Claire.'

××

My heels tapped against the floor methodically as I walked out the door and strutted through the hallway. My eyes fell to my clenched palm.

To anyone who was watching from the cameras it would look like I did it in anger, but. . .

Nestled in my palm was the USB drive I had inserted into the console in the medical bay the day I took the antidote, which I retrieved once I stepped out the room.

It's a wonder how it wasn't discovered yet.

I smirked, this was too easy.

Walking right up to the interrogation room I noticed was opposite mine, I typed in a random four digit number.

The control panel flashed green.

I grinned and stepped into the room.

'Well, well. If it isn't the angel in black herself.' I heard a soft voice chuckle.

I smiled, turning to the ginger in front of me. 'Vonny, kak priyatno videt' vas snova.'

Oh, how nice to see you again. I couldn't help but greet in Russian.

'YA vizhu vashe Rossi uluchshilos.' She waved her hand.

I see your Russian improved.

I grinned wider. 'Of course it has, I only had the best teacher.'

She clicked her tongue in disapproval. 'Flattery will get you nowhere, do you know what you have done to my reputation, having me not only fail a class D mission, but also getting captured by the Big Leagues? Kukla, this not something a couple words can fix.'

I laughed nervously, rubbing the back of my neck sheepishly.

'Yeah, your right.' I bit my lower lip. 'A couple words can't fix anything, but maybe a note can.'

I turned over the card on the table.

Her eyes fell to the cursive writing on the blank paper.

Duty Free.

×

'You know I'm not really surprised that she knows Russian, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if she walked up to me and started speaking Brythonic.' Oliver snorted.

'I wouldn't be surprised if she spoke Gothic.' Hal snickered.

Everyone turned to stare at him.

He sighed. 'Shutting up now.'

×

'I knew zhat vhen you vanted me here you had some plan in mind.' Vonny hissed, her Russian accent breaking through.

She hid it well, Batman noticed. Goes to show how at ease she was with Shadow.

'Well, you are the first Shade ever created, and one of the few people I trust.' Shadow told her truthfully.

'The way you say it makes me sound like a lab experiment that you cooked up. And as much as I am honored to have your trust, I am afraid it has been misplaced.'

The red head tapped her chin.
'Is there something that you want here, Shadow?'

Shadow merely shook her head. 'Call it a favor of sorts, and at the same time, an offer.'

Before the Shade could reply, the leader of the Gotham division swerved to a different topic.

'By the way,' she paused, 'what did you tell Batman?'

Vonny leaned in her seat, placing her legs on the table. 'I told him what I was ordered to when the note was received.' She stated in a bored tone.

'Which is what exactly?' Shadow pressed.

'That you—'

'Shadow!'

All eyes stared at the stumbling disheveled form of Carla, as she stumbled through the door.

'I've been looking for you everywhere.' She panted, then turned to stare wide eyed at Vonny.

'Who is she?' Carla asked pointing accusingly at the red head.

Shadow sighed.

'Am I supposed to know her?'
Vonny cast a lazy glance over at Carla.

Another sigh.

'Vonny Sonata, this is your apparent half-sister, Claire.' Shadow replied calmly.

'What?!' They both screamed. 'She's my sister!'

Shadow's response?

Le Sigh.

×