Chapter 20

Niall POV

 This reception was brilliant. Everyone was having such a great time. As I waited for another beer from the waiter I couldn't help but look out on the rest of the crowd and smile. I could see my mum and Zayns talking animatedly about something at one table.  Ann and Robin feeding each other at another. Lux and a few of the other kidos were sliding across the dance floor in their little socks. What was best was looking around the table I was at. The newlyweds had just sat down after a long string of congratulations and were starting to eat between kisses. Lottie, Danielle, Charlotte and Zayn were laughing at something Harry had just done, while Liam and Chelsea were rolling their eyes in disbelief.

 Charlotte tilted her head back against my arm that was around her chair trying to calm down. Her hair was pulled up showing off her shoulders and back.  Her warm eyes traveled over to me   in her face. “What I miss?” I asked her.

“Harry was just telling us part of his best man speech. Personally I think its...great but most would probably disagree.” She giggled as Liam and Chelsea looked over at me.

“Niall would you please tell him its not appropriate to discuss gay lover rumors for a best man toast.” Chelsea whined as I burst out laughing. 

“What are you talking about?” Eleanor asked, now that she was done eating. “Oh no you don't Harry Styles.” making me laugh even harder. Harry just gave a smug grin before getting up and heading to the DJ.

“Too late.” he said over his shoulder as both Chelsea and El lounged to grab hold of him but were held back by Zayn and Louis. God this was going to be great. The music died down and people  started to look over at Harry who was now holding a mic and had a bright spotlight on him. 

Before he started talking into the mic he gave Lottie the finger to join him. I guess he was making it time for the best man and maid of honor speech happen now. “Ladies and gentlemen if you would, the lovely Lottie is about to speak.” he said as Lottie grabbed the mic and looked out into the room before settling her eyes on our table. The crowd grew quiet as she started.

“When Eleanor asked me to be her maid of honor I was ecstatic. Then I realized I would have to make this speech and tried to back out.” Lottie said a little shaky. “But what El wants she gets so please excuse me for my lack of brain function when handed a mic.” everyone chuckled a bit. She took a deep breath and looked at her note cards. “I'm louis oldest and best sister.” We heard fizzy and the twins clear their throats and cough a few tables away. “Okay .Okay I am only slightly better than my other sisters.” there were a few more chuckles around the room.

“About 4 years ago Louis announced he met a new girl. I could have cared less. He’s a picky guys so i didn't think i would even meet her before they were done. But then she started coming around. At first it was oh eleanors coming? Not in a bad way it just surprised me. Then it was Is Eleanor coming and eventually in our family it wasn't a question of if she was coming it was when is she getting here? She quickly became a close friend to my sisters and I. Making us laugh constantly, taking us on shopping adventures; and yes I say adventures because with El it’s that exciting and long. Shes always being there for us too. After that first year or so I started to realize how important you had to become to us, to me. I think you realized it too, I don't know if you remeber this Eleanore, but one night right after some horrible chick flick I was falling asleep on the other end of the couch as you. And before we drifted off you said how lucky you were to have fallen for louis. Not only did he make you happy but he also gave you 4 little sister that you never knew you wanted until you met us.  Right then and there you became the big sister all 4 of us had always wanted.” Lottie started to choke up a bit as she looked over at Eleanor who also looked on the verge of tears.