Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Niall POV

I rode the elevator up to the private area where Lou and Eleanor were having their engagement party. The pop had been superbad outside due to the large number of famous people coming tonight. But the one person I was anxious to see was Charlotte. We hadn't spoken in a month and honestly it had been hard but I was still mad. And that anger fueled me not to call her every other day just to chat. Hopefully there would be so many people here I wouldn't really have to see her.  

The doors popped open and I walked down a little hallway  that opened up into a massive bar. El and Louis were standing right at the front with a long line of people waiting to congratulate the happy couple. I threw Louis a look and headed to the bar. If I was going to see Charlotte I need to have a drink in me to calm my nerves. Towards the end of the bar was Harry slumped over a glass of scotch.

“I’m not sure showing up to your press conference drunk will really get your point across to Heartford but I don't blame you.” I said slapping his back and sitting on the stool next to him. After he stormed out of our PR meeting he scheduled a press conference hopefully to end this crazy man hunt and to get Chelsea back. Even though I was missing Charlotte, it didn’t even come close to the pain you could see on Harry whenever Chelsea got brought up. Unlike Charlotte and my break up, Harry didn't get a say in the matter. Just like that Chelsea was gone.

“Oh shut it.” he mumbled as a bartender gave me a beer.

Chelsea POV

After going through all the details with Eleanor and calling Andrew, Paul’s friend to make sure it would be safe, it was official I was heading to London to confront Harry first thing in the morning. The travel time flew by and before I was fully prepared I found myself riding up the elevator to El and Lou’s party. Panic set in as I started second guessing my actions. Why was I here? This would only make it harder to leave again. Once the doors opened I wound my way down the hall keeping my head down towards small back room that El had assigned us. I found it and it was more like a large broom closet with couch and curtains everywhere. I pulled out my phone and texted El.

I'm here you can send him anytime.

I pulled off my coat and made myself comfortable. My stomach was in knots. I tried to figure out what I would to say to that irresistible face. Would he be mad or happy to see me? I racked my brain on the flight of what I would start with but every time I thought of him I couldn't imagine doing anything other than kissing him. But I couldn’t do that, it would only send a wrong message. And it was already confusing enough.

Lou went to find him. So he should be there in a few minutes. I really hope this works and remember your flight leaves tonight at 10. I’ll come see you before you leave just text me when you're done.

Okay wish me luck El  I sent back quickly.

I got up and started to pace around the little room. My mind started racing. I felt like he would be mad but what if he wasn't? What if all he wanted was me to never leave him again? Would I be able to make it to my 10 pm flight? Probably not. If he begged me to stay I don't think I could leave. A panic flashed over me. I can’t do this I thought as I grabbed my coat deciding to ditch the plan and head to the airport now. I grabbed my bag and began clawing through the curtains when I ran right into the man of my dreams.

“Chelsea!” Harry asked looking down at me. His green eyes grew to the size of quarters as they filled with relief. He grabbed both of my shoulders as if to make sure it was actually me. My throat felt tight but I had to say what needed to be said to save both of our butts and get the hell out of there before I risked anything more.