Chapter 11: Love Fest

A/N    Hey guys!!! 

This little fanfiction has over 400 reads!  How in the world did that happen!?  However it did happen though, thank you all very much.  It means a lot! 

I really wanna try to write a lot in the next couple weeks, because school's starting back up soon, and I'm going to be swamped with homework and choir stuff up to my eyeballs.  Sometimes I just wish there were more hours in the day, ya know?

Well anyways, I hope you have a fantastic day, and I really hope you like this chapter!  I really like this one!

So how about three votes and one comment for another update?  I think y'all can do it!  You've done it before! 

Thanks again!!!!

Katie :-)

Chapter 11:  Love Fest

This is it.  My mind is swimming with any possible thought it could think in this moment.  It's crazy how much my life could change even more just by someone uttering my name.

We are ushered in a line like ducklings onto the stage.  I'm standing next to Chase, with Arriana on the other side of him.  There are 20 people on the stage at this given moment, and soon, six of us will be gone from it, and on to the rest of the competition. For the rest, this is the final stretch.

In front of us, Paulina, Kelly, Demi, and Simon sit in a row.  They're trying to keep "serious" faces, but Simon is the only one who is completely succeeding. Demi, Kelly, and Paulina all have looks on their faces that keep morphing into ones of excitement. They're excited for those of us who will make it, and they're making it known.

Everyone on stage is silent.  All I can hear is the heavy breathing of a boy who is standing to my right, an occasional cough, and the thoughts racing through my mind.  The lights hum overhead, the stage lights making my skin appear blotchy and paler than normal.  I can't believe it's almost time.

Suddenly, breaking the silence, Simon Cowell picks up the microphone that has been lying on the judges' table in front of him.  He brings it up so he can speak, and then he begins, "We have had remarkable talent in the competition so far. This year is proving to bring exceptional talent from every category.  Unfortunately, we did have to cut people from this competition. It was difficult, but we had to find a way to choose."

He hands the microphone to Demi, who begins speaking, "Now, we'll read the names of those who are continuing on in the competition.  Good luck, guys." She says.

Cue the dramatic pause.  Now, my hands are shaking.  I grab onto Chase's hand like a boa constrictor, and don't let go.  I glance over and notice that Arriana is holding onto Chase for dear life as well. Everyone is dying of nerves.

Kelly Speaks, "The first contestant through to the Judges' Houses is...  Jared Baker."  

It's the boy who is standing next to me, and he responds to the call of his name with a hoot, a holler, and a dramatic fist pump in the air.  I remember hearing him perform, and he's a rapper, and a great one at that.  I never enjoy rap, but his voice drew me in on his performances.

Once he exits the stage, Kelly waits a moment before saying, "And the next contestant through is... Chase Weller."

Chase lets go of my and Arriana's hands and brings his hands to his face to hide the tears that have begun to fall. He's done it.  He's past bootcamp after being rejected the past two years.  He's done it, and he's crying.  He takes his hands away from his face and smiles out at the judges. "Thank you," he says graciously before waving to the judges and exiting the stage quickly.  He probably doesn't want Arriana to see him cry anymore. 

The next name is one I hoped I wouldn't hear today," Macy McGregor,"

She's at the other end of the line from me, and she makes it a point to act as dramatically as possible, "Me?!" She cries, before covering her mouth.  Almost everyone rolls their eyes, and I can tell Demi has some reserves about Macy's promotion to the next round. Macy exits.

Three left.

"Jane Richard." A petite black-haired girl is next, leaving two spots.

The next name called makes my heart stop.

"Cassidy Lynn," Demi smiles, as she reads off my name.  I think I choke out something comparable to a sob, but something that could also be compared to a dying elephant.  I'm through.  Tears flow down my face, and I choke out a Thank you before smiling brightly through my tears.  I've really done it. 

I exit off the stage, and I'm led into a room where everyone who has made it though is waiting for everyone else.  I'm now one of these amazing people.

The first person to greet me is Chase, who tackles me into a bear hug.  I hug him back and he whispers, "Just one more spot, right?"

I pull back and nod, looking at the distressed look on his face.  Arriana hasn't come through yet, and I'm growing nervous for her.  The announcement of the final spot will surely be delayed a bit for added suspense.  I can feel it hanging in the air in this room, where everyone has been garunteed another chance, but out on stage, the suspense and tension must be suffocating.

Then, the door opens, and a girl emerges with a grin spanning her entire face.  I smile as who it is registers in my brain.  What happens next is so adorable it couldd be in a freaking movie.

As everyone is cheering for this newest addition to the finalists, Chase turns around and finally notices her.  He smiles, and then she runs over to the two of us and tackles us both in a hug.  Then, she looks up at Chase, and spontaneously plants a big kiss on his lips, even with all the cameras in the room. 

I'm the one who yells, "Go Arriana!"  The room erupts again, and I look over at the camera crew who is having a hayday with all the stuff that's happened just in the past hour.  

I look to my two friends who are still locked in a kiss, and rather than disturb this moment like I did last night, I decide to walk on over to a table filled with cups of water that's off to the side. 

I grab a glass of water and gulp it down, before tossing the plastic cup into the nearest trash can.  I turn around when I feel a tap on my shoulder, and I see a cameraman and an interviewer obviously searching for an interview. 

"Can we get a quick interview, Cassidy?"

"Sure thing," I say.

The camera is switched on, and I try to present myself with confidence, even though I'm sure that I'm only presenting myself as the most awkward human being on the planet. 

"So we noticed that you're pretty close with Chase? Anything to say about that?"

"Well cut to the chase, why don't ya?" I joke and chuckle a bit. "Chase is a great friend. I met him on the flight over here, and he's a cool guy."

"So nothing going on there?"

"Nothing at all," I laugh. "Did you not see the litle love fest going on over there a minute ago?"

"Oh. Right," she says sheepishly. "That was something, wasn't it?"

"It was adorable," I state.  "I knew something would happen with those two."

"So you and Arriana are good friends too?"

"Definitely.  Even if I don't win or make it any further in this competition, I'm certain that I've gained a pair of fantastic friends. That's the best to me." I say.  I'm hoping this will be a line that could effectively close out an interview, but deep down, I know it's definitely true. 

"Thank you, Miss Lynn. That was great." The interviewer smiles and motions for the cameraman to switch off the camera.  They turn away looking for their next interview victim, and I make my way back into the mingling contestants.

"