Chapter 28

Hiro stood up on Baymax, hoping to get up through the window.

"Please exercise caution," Baymax warned him. "A fall from this height could lead to serious bodily harm."

Hiro didn't respond to Baymax's precaution and stepped through the window. I then took my turn climbing onto Baymax's head, and Hiro extended his arm down so that he could help me up. I made sure my sleeves stayed covering my arms as I extended my arm up and he hoisted me through the window.

"Thanks," I whispered, careful to keep my voice low in case someone was in the warehouse. Hiro and I took a few cautionary steps forward, when there was a noise like a balloon getting rubbed around on skin. Hiro and I sharply turned around to see Baymax wedged into the small crevice between the window and its base. Hiro and I glanced at each other, then at Baymax.

"Oh no," Baymax stated blandly in his monotone voice.

"Shh, shh, shh!" Hiro cautioned Baymax.

"Please excuse me while I let out some air."

Baymax began letting out air, sounding like a deflated balloon. I just stared at Baymax as he did so, hoping that if there was someone in here, they couldn't hear this. Hiro's jaw was slack, as if he were shocked that Baymax could deflate. After about a minute, Baymax seemed like he had finished inflating.

"Are you done?" Hiro hissed.

Baymax let out a little bit more air, then put down his finger.

"Yes."

Hiro and I each grabbed an arm and pulled him through the open slot.

"It will take me a moment to re-inflate."

"Fine," Hiro sighed. "Just be careful."

As Baymax began re-inflating, Hiro and I walked down the stairs leading down to the main area. I placed my hand on his forearm as we got off the final step. There was an odd, cubical-like thing in the center of the warehouse. Hiro moved behind a pole and grabbed a broom that was leaning against a metal support beam. He held it in his arms while I balled up my fists, ready to throw a punch at a moment's notice. As we walked closer to the translucent cubical, the sound of robots working became clearer. I looked at Hiro, confused, and we walked even closer. Hiro set down the broom and pressed his hands up against the glass, looking in.

"Mae..."

That's all he needed to say for me to come and look. I gasped once I took in what I was seeing. There were work-designed robots manufacturing something small that looked familiar, and there was someone with their back turned to us, looking at the production line.

"No, they can't be..." I whispered. Hiro and I walked around to the side that the conveyor belt looked like it was moving. Sure enough, there was a barrel there that the little robots were being put in to. Hiro reached into the barrel and pulled out a handful of...

"My Microbots?" Hiro whispered, shocked. My eyes were as wide as dinner plates as we both looked up from that one barrel.

There were thousands of others, all filled with Microbots.

"Someone's making more..." I whispered.

"Hiro? Mae?"

My heart lept out of my chest as Hiro and I whipped around. Luckily for us, it was only Baymax, but I was worried about the person in the cubical hearing us.

"You gave me a heart attack," I hissed.

"My hands are equipped with defibrillators." Baymax rubbed his hands together and two blue circles glowed in the center of his chubby palms. "Clear!"

"Stop, stop!" Hiro cried, defending me. "It's just an expression."

Baymax put his hands down and the blue glow faded. I glanced at Hiro, and then I heard something familiar: a sound like thousands of beetles crawling on a wooden floor.

"Hiro..." I whispered, tensing up.

"Oh no," Baymax stated, looking up and behind us. Hiro and I slowly turned around and I shrieked. Someone was controlling the Microbots, and they were rising up, making high towers.

"Run!" Hiro grabbed, grabbing me by my wrist, covered by my sweatshirt. I ran as fast as I could, and I looked back to see if Baymax was following. I stopped, bringing Hiro to a halt, when I noticed that Baymax was just trotting along.

"Are you kidding me?" Hiro cried.

"I am not fast." Baymax stated, monotone as usual.

"Yeah, no kidding!" I grabbed Baymax by the hand and began running, speeding him up. We ran up to the door and I let go of Baymax.

"Kick the door!" Baymax lightly tapped his foot against the door.

"Punch it!" The same thing happened with his fist.

"Ugh!" Hiro grabbed my wrist and I got Baymax, and we ran off, turning the corner. We came to a vent on the floor and Hiro pried the top off. Hiro and I shoved Baymax down into it, then he jumped down, and then he helped me to come down. We crawled through the vents, turning corners sharply. We turned a corner a few feet in front of us, and were about to move forwards, when a group of Microbots shot up, blocking our path.

"Aah!"

"Come on, Baymax," Hiro urged. "Hurry!" The Microbots began chasing after us and then popping up in spires in front of us. Eventually, we came to another vent cover and after we helped Baymax out, and Hiro helped me, we climbed up the stairs we had come down only a few minutes ago. Hiro and I were about to run across the platform, when we ended up looking right at the source of the Microbots' movement. They wore all black, with the exception of a Kabuki mask on their face. Hiro and I lingered our gaze on them for only a moment, and then we ran to the window. Hiro and I began shoving Baymax out the window, trying to move fast, but Baymax was just a bit too large, and the man was able to send a column of Microbots flying towards us.

"Hiro?" Baymax asked again for some reason, and then he wrapped his arms around Hiro and I just as the Microbots made impact with his vinyl. The three of us flew out the window, and landed on the sidewalk, far away from the person. After recovering from the shock, Hiro grabbed my wrist, and I grabbed Baymax, and we ran off, minds set on going to the police station.

"Let's get out of here!"