Chapter 4

My room wasn't all that big or impressive, but it reminded me of my old one. There was a twin bed against the back wall, which Aunt Cass said could be made to function as a couch. The walls were bare, which was perfect, and there was a desk right next to the door frame, along with a tall bookshelf.
In short, it may not have been much, but it was perfect.
I'll set everything up tomorrow, I thought. For now, I should just get some sleep.
I removed my sheets from my bag, and delicately put them on my bed. I changed into a pair of pajamas, and I was about to fall asleep, when my phone rang. Being the idiot I was at eleven o'clock at night, I didn't check the number and just answered.
"Hello?"
"Mae, where the hell are you?"
I froze. That was my father's voice.
How'd he know I was missing? Once he falls asleep after a drink, he's out for the night. At most, he'd figure out I was missing tomorrow.
"Uh..."
"Don't lie to me, Mae. I can track you!"
"I'm, uh... I'm at a place?" I squeak.
"You little b****! Don't play this game with me! I know you're in San Fransokyo, and I'm in a cab on my way to the airport. I'm coming for you, Mae, and I'll be there by one o'clock a.m.!"
With that, my father hang up, and I threw my phone at my bed. I dashed out of my room, heading towards Aunt Cass. Lucky for me, she was in the living room watching a movie. I ran up and stood beside her. She looked at me and her eyes got as wide as dinner plates.
"Mae, honey, what's wrong? You're shaking!"
I began screaming and crying as I spoke.
"M-my dad! H-h-he wa-wa-was tra-tr-track-tracking me! He-he- he's on his way here ri-rig-righ-right now!"
I heard running footsteps and looked over to see Hiro and Tadashi coming down the stairs, just as Aunt Cass shot up.
"Oh my god, Mae! That's awful! I'll figure something out, I promise."
"Hurry," I cried. "We only have two hours."
Aunt Cass nodded and ran off. Tadashi and Hiro approached.
"Mae, what's going on?" Tadashi asked.
"Her father's tracking her, and he's on his way here."
They both gasped, and Tadashi pulled me into a hug. I cried like I was five as he held me.
"Mae, everything's gonna be okay. You just have to trust us. Aunt Cass will figure something out, I'm sure."
I felt more arms wrap around me, and I knew Hiro was hugging me. I felt loved. That was something I hadn't felt in a long time.
"Hi, yes, I have a young girl here- no, I knew she was coming. She escaped from her father, who was an alcohol and drug addict... yes with my guidance. Anyways, her father is tracking her and attempting to come and steal her... yes he's most likely going to harm her... Uh, Albert Rouge... Lucky Cat cafe... Thank you so much! Yes, you have a nice evening, too."
I smiled and nuzzled deeper into Tadashi's chest. I was going to be saved, somehow. Aunt Cass re-entered the room, and I smiled at her through the boys' arms.
"The police are on it. They're going to make sure he doesn't get here."
"Thanks so much..."
"Why don't you sleep in Hiro and Tadashi's room tonight?"
I nodded, and they let go so the three of us could go up there. Their room was really nice. One half was Hiro's, which had a cluttered, messy desk, and the other was Tadashi's, which was much nicer.
"I think I have a sleeping bag in my closet," Tadashi smiled. He went to go look for it, leaving me with Hiro. Luckily, I was wearing a long sleeved top, covering my arms. It was only a few seconds before Tadashi emerged with a black sleeping bag.
"Awesome! My favorite color!"
I grabbed it from Tadashi and unrolled it next to Hiro's bed.
"Oh, uh, you don't mind, right?"
"Hm? Oh, not at all! Here, I have an extra pillow."
Hiro handed me a pillow with a white case on it, and I placed it down. Climbing into the sleeping bag, I felt warm and safe. Tadashi turned off the lights, and, oddly, I fell asleep.  

I Didn't Realizeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें