Chapter 6

I woke up, what felt like hours later, still in Tadashi's arms.
"Tadashi," I murmured. "How long was I out?"
"Oh, only a couple of minutes."
I have almost no conception of time, people! I climbed out of Tadashi's arms and stood up, trying to make sense of what had happened. My father had called, threatened me, and then I'd-
Oh...
"Tadashi, did I..." I trailed off as I looked at my arms, fresh wounds across them. I buried my head in my healing hands and spoke.
"I'm such an idiot."
I heard Tadashi stand.
"Mae, you're not an idiot. We just... need to find something else to take your mind off of this. How about I go get Hiro, and we... I don't know, maybe just go around town."
I nodded solemnly, my father's threatening words sticking in my mind.
"Just remember," Tadashi sighed, leaving my room. "Wear long sleeves."
"But it's summer, Tadashi."
"Then wear shorts, too."
I huffed as Tadashi shut my bedroom door behind him, and I rushed to change. I threw on a blue long sleeved shirt and some shorts, along with a pair of flip-flops. I grabbed my purse and left my room. Hiro and Tadashi were waiting in the living room, and I smiled at them.
"You ready?" Tadashi asked.
I nodded, and Hiro wrapped an arm around my shoulder as we walked out.

"I'm pretty sure you're the only girl I know who doesn't like shopping," Hiro laughed.
"Well, it's not that I don't like it, it's more that I've really never gone. I didn't have a sister, and my dad really never let me leave the house. All my clothes are all presents and things my father finds."
"I think we should change that," Tadashi smirks.
"I don't think I've ever seen two boys so eager to take a girl shopping!" I teased.
"As long as you don't take long." Tadashi handed Hiro a wad of cash. "Use this. I'll be next door if you guys need me."
I looked at the store next to this one, and saw it was a video game store.
"But Tadashi..." I whined.
"No buts! Now go."
Hiro took my hand and led me into the store. I had to admit, it looked really nice. It was a small boutique that was mostly made up of.. dresses. Oh boy.
"Hiro, I don't really do dresses..."
"Oh, come on, Mae," Hiro sighed. "Let me get you something!"
"Fine," I huffed. I began rummaging through shelves, and eventually found a nice black dress I liked. It was knee length with spaghetti straps and grey polka dots. I went to try it on, and it fit perfectly. I walked out to show Hiro.
"What do you think of this?"
He looked up from his phone, and his breath caught.
"Wow, Mae... You look... wow."
I giggled at his short word choice.
"It's only fifteen dollars, too!"
"Nice! Tadashi gave me thirty, so if you want something else, go ahead..."
"No, that's okay. This is really all I need..."
"I may or may not have found something..."
"Fine," I huffed, pretending to be frustrated, "let me see."
Hiro pulled out a dress he's had folded behind him. It had a light blue, denim looking top, and the bottom was made of cream colored lace. I grabbed it and walked into the changing room. It fit perfectly. I guessed I was getting two dresses. I walked out, holding both, and Hiro payed. We walked out and met with Tadashi, heading home.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aah! Sorry, sucky chapter!!!! I just needed some way for Hiro to see Mae in a dress, since he's too sad to notice at Tadashi's funeral. I'M SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!