Chapter 17

The Seventh Sister's POV

Kanan walked into the common room, reporting to me we had arrived at the location I had told them. I rose from my seat and walked into the cockpit, descended down the ladder, and met the rest of the crew in the loading bay. "This is your stop," Hera said as the ramp to the loading bay opened.

"It seems it is," I said.

As I started to descend onto the ramp, I heard a sound off in the distance. The sound of Imperial TIE fighter. It seemed that the Ghost crew heard it to, as the Lasat starting to yell that I had set them up and this was a trap. I looked back at the rag-tag group if rebels and gve them a small smile before rushing off the ramp. The Mandalorian tried to fire her guns at me, but I easily deflected them with my lightsaber.

But Sabine soon had to stop, as Kanan grabbed her shoulder and they all went up the ladder into the cockpit. The ramp started to slowly rise. I looked around the barren land, looking for someone in particular. "Looks like the plan worked!"

I looked to my side to see, of course, Ezra Bridger running full speed towards the ship. As I watched, he managed to jump in right as it was about to close, but not without giving me a tiny wave before disappearing from sight. "That boy is crazy. Ignorant and crazy," I muttered as the ship flew into the sky, meeting the TIE fighters that had just arrived.

As the fight in the sky pursued, I crept back, unnoticed. There were no land vechiles sent by the Empire. I was free to go.

《~》

Ezra had told me there was a town only one click north of the spot he had picked out, so I shouldn't have trouble getting anywhere.

As I walked, I thought about this adventure I had been experiencing these last few days. It had all started when I had framed Ezra for workong with the Empire. And in turn, the Fifth Brother framed me for working for the Rebellion. And now, the Fifth Brother was dead. Ezra had killed him defending me. Then, Ezra had devised this wonderful plan where I would be free of everything. The Empire, the Rebellion. They would no longer be a problem. And it was all because of that young boy who no Imperial believed in.

Perhaps I shouldn't have been so quick to judge. Ezra was more than anybody could imagine. Smart, dashing, handsome, incredibly stupid, and had a knack for getting into trouble.

Who could ask for more?

《~》

Ezra's POV

Hera flew the ship into hyperspace, finally losing the Imperial TIEs. No knew yet that I was on board. Well, except for the Seventh Sister.

She sure had helped me a lot these past few days. Even though she framed me and made this whole situation in the first place, she wasn't what I imagined. I always thought inquisitors were ruthless assassins who cared about nobody but themselves, but the Seventh Sister showed me a different side of herself. A side I am sure the Empire didn't like. We had worked together, and even though it was filled with argueing and threats, we had actually made a pretty good team. And now I would never see her again. She would no longer involve herself in politics or anything like that.

She was free

《~》

The rest of the crew was in the cockpit, talking about who knows what. I stood in the hall, listening behind closed doors.

"We have to find him. We have proof Ezra is innocent!" I heard Sabine say.

"Well, how are we going to find him? It is not like he is on the ship right now!" Kanan sighed.

I smiled as I pressed the button to open the door to the cockpit. I saw the crew, all tired and fretful. But now I was back. All heads turned to me.

"Or, Kanan, I could be on the ship right now."