Chapter 16

Ezra's POV

I sat in my old communications tower I used to live in before I met the Ghost crew. Now, it was all I had left.

I had come here to try and contact Chopper with some of the equipment I had lying around, but as soon as I entered the tower, I had automatically went to the bed and slept.

I hadn't been sleeping a lot the last few nights, and I was grateful for the few hours I got. As soon as I woke up though, I automatically went to work on trying to contact Chopper.

I pulled a large, dusty communicator from under a work table in the room. I managed to haul it up on the table and started it up. It took a few tries, though. The piece of machinery was who knew how old? I started flipping switches, changing frequencies so Chop could pick them up.

After what seemed like an hour of flipping switches, pushing buttons, and trying out communication lines, I managed to find a signal that was hopefully Chopper's.

"This is Spectre 6. Spectre 3?" I said to the machine.

"Beep!"

Yes! I had managed to locate the right signal!

"Chop, it's me. Can the plan still work?" I asked.

"Beep."

That's right. The Seventh Sister was with the crew. They would have to drop her off somewhere before they did anything else. If I knew the crew, they wouldn't want an inquisitor on the ship for too long. Plus, Chopper told me they were in hyperspace at the moment. This was not the plan.

But then, inspiration struck.

"Chopper, take a message to the Seventh Sister for me," I said.

"Beep!"

"Don't worry, Chopper. The plan should work, but you need to deliver this message for me."

"Beep."

"Thank you."

《~》

The Seventh Sister's POV

Exiting hyperspace.

I could sense it even before Hera announced it over the internal com system. I walked to door of the common room, attempting to get to the cockpit, but that pesky droid stopped me as the doors slid open.

"Beep!"

I gave the droid a dirty look and tried to step around him.

"Beep!"

Who in the galaxy would have a message for me?

"Play it," I ordered.

The droid played an audio recording. I instantly reconized the voice. It was Ezra.

I listened to the recording intently. I chuckled once it was over. "He is always the one with the plans, isn't he?" I asked tge astromech.

"Beep!"

"He is beyond annoying. A real brat," I replied. "But, I guess I have no choice but to follow what he so obviously planned out very carefully. Emphasis on the sarcasm there."

The droid and I went to the cockpit together. By the time we entered, everyone else had already gathered.

"We can drop you off on Alderaan. It was the closet planet we landed to, so sorry if it isn't to your liking," Hera said, crossing her arms.

"I need to go back to Lothal," I said abruptly.

"I knew it. All inquisitors are out of their minds," Zeb growled.

"I have a perfectly good reason to go back to Lothal,"I retorted.

"And that would be?" Kanan questioned.

"I have someone waiting there for me. He expects me to be dropped off soon, so I wouldn't dilly-dally."

I turned and briskly walked out of the cockpit of the ship and back into the common roon of the ship. I sat on the coach as I thought through Ezra's plan once again.

I was supposed to have the crew drop me off at a set of coordinates he had given me. He would be waiting there, but not alone. He would drop an anonymous tip to the Empire that the rebels had a strong chance of showing up in the area. In the confusion of the rebels fighting the Imperials, Ezra and I would simply switch spots. He woukd sneak onto the Ghost while I snuck away from the battle completely.

I had to admit, before I had met the free-spirited boy, I just thought he was a teenager with no discipline. Now I see what we have in common. We were both forced to be mature at a youbg age, not even adults. We had to survive and learn quickly from our mistakes. I had doubted Ezra would think of any good plans in the first place, but his strategies had saved me more than once. And now, his final plan involving me would invovle me escaping it all. The Empire. The Rebellion.

Ezra was offering a chance at a new life. A new hope. I didn't have to be an inquisitor anymore. My time with him had certainly surprised me in more than one way. Despite all I had done to him, he had still trusted me throughout our journeys. He had challenged me in ways I had never been challenged before.

The only question left for me to do was this, take a chance at a new life, or stay with Ezra?