Chapter 14

The Seventh Sister's POV

As the saber flew at me, I disengaged my saber and quickly jumped into the air and flipped above the lightsaber.

The Ghost ship stopped firing, probably confused as to why the evil inquisitors were turning against one another.

"This is a mistake, Fifth Brother!" I said.

"It is necessary!" The Fifth Brother charged at me, lightsaber rotating rapidly.

As I raised my saber to meet his attack, I heard the Ghost moving. I looked up, as did the Fifth Brother. The ship was being shot at by the Empire. It hovered above us. The ramp lowered and there stood Kanan Jarrus.

"Need help?" He yelled to me, holding out his hand.

I glared at him and the Fifth Brother. What was I to do?

After a few moments hesitation, I jumped onto the ramp of the Ghost. But as I landed, I heard the whir of a lightsaber. I looked down to see the Fifth Brother holding back his lightsaber, ready to throw it. Just as he was about to realize, something came out of nowhere and struck him in the back.

The Fifth Brother collapsed to the ground. I saw a blue saber embedded in his back. As I looked closer at the fallen inquisitor, I realized it was Ezra's saber.

"What was that?" Kanan asked.

"No time!" I said. I grabbed his arm and quickly turned him around before he could get a close enough to see who the lightsaber belonged to. I used the Force to close the ramp.

"I hope you realize how hard this decision was. To help you," Kanan said as he led me to the cockpit. The cockpit doors opened to revealed the Twileg, Hera, at the controls.

"What were you picking up, Kanan?" Hera asked as she rapidly pressed buttons.

"Someone unexpected," he said, looking at me.

Hera turned around and gasped when she saw me. "An inquisitor? Who works for the Empire?"

"I don't work for them anymore," I said coolly.

"Oh, we will deal with this later! Kanan, take nose gun! You! Be copilot!" She said pointing at me.

I quickly sat in the chair next to her and starting, ungratefully, listening to her commands.

《~》

Ezra's POV

I didn't think when I threw my lightsaber. I just did it. I sensed he was going to throw it at the Seventh Sister, and I didn't want him to hurt her.

But that put me in another predicament. Now the Ghost was flying off, and I wasn't on it. The plan I had made with Chopper wasn't going to work if the Seventh Sister was with my crew!

I jumped down from the rooftop once all the Imperials had left, chasing after the Ghost. I was surprised they didn't have stormtroopers guarding the body, but they must not know he was dead.

I approached the body slowly. My lightsaber was still activated, still stuck in the Fifth Brother. I used the Force to call it to me. I deactivated it. I could sense the inquisitor was dead.

I backed away from the body and ran down an alley. I reached for my com, but remembered it wasn't there. I had nothing to call the crew with. I looked uo at the dark sky, hoping Chopper would find some way for our plan to work.