Chapter 2

Ezra's POV

The Ghost entered hyperspace as I exited the cockpit. Kanan just finished explaining that we would be going back to Lothal to pick up some much needed supplies.

I walked back into my cabin and hopped up on the top bunk. I attempted to catch a few minutes of sleep, but was interrupted by the cabin door sliding open.

I turned on my side to see Rex standing in the hallway. He was holding a blaster. "Blaster training, kid," he said.

I groaned but jumped back down from my bunk and joined Rex in the hallway. "How are we going to do blaster training if we are in hyperspace?" I asked.

"Who says we can't just use the stunner on low power so it won't knock any body out? I am sure you would like to shoot at Zeb or Kanan."

I grinned. This practice was going to be interesting.

Rex and I walked through the common room. Hera and Kanan were arguing about something on the couch. "Ezra, what are you doing," Kanan asked as we passed.

"The kid is working on blaster training," Rex answered. Kanan gave him a hard stare. I rolled my eyes.

Rex and Kanan were always arguing about me. Rex tried to teach me like I was a soldier, while Kanan tried to train me like a Jedi. They never agreed on anything when it came to me. I managed to escape the fights a couple of times.

One time when I had left, what Sabine, Zeb, Chopper, and I found was far worse.

We discovered there were two new inquisitors. Sabine and I were captured, but Zeb and Chopper managed to save us.

"How are you going to train in space," Kanan asked with doubt.

"That's what I asked," I replied as Rex led me out of the commons room.

We continued into the kitchen to find Zeb and Sabine eating with Chopper pestering them. They hadn't noticed us yet, due to Chopper messing with their food.

"Okay just aim, and fire," Rex whispered to me as I aimed the blaster.

I fired.

It hit Zeb square in the chest. He was shocked, but not hurt. "Who-" he stopped when he saw Rex and me by the door laughing.

"Good aim, kid!" Rex complimented.

"Why did you do that?" Zeb roared.

"Blaster training," I said innocently.

"Zeb, I think that you should watch next time," Sabine chuckled.

"What's going on in here?" Kanan asked as the door slid open.

"Blaster training," Sabine, Rex, and I said at the same time.

"I knew this was going to be bad," Kanan sighed.

"What's wrong with having a little fun? In the war, we used to do things like this to each other all the time," Rex said.

Oh no, I thought. They have started another fight.

I slipped behind Kanan into the common room as him and Rex continued to bicker.

I saw Hera still sitting in the couch, a datapad in hand. "That bad?" Hera asked.

"It was just blaster training," I said. I sat down next to Hera.

"Since it seems like they will be going on for a while, want to go on a mission?" Hera asked.

"What kind of mission?" I asked.

"You can go with Sabine to pick up the supplies on Lothal. Bring Chopper, too. It seems like you could use a break from those two," Hera nodded her head toward the kitchen.

"Thanks, Hera," I sighed. Sometimes Hera knew exactly what I needed.

"Just remember to tell Sabine."

"Tell me what?" Sabine came in from the kitchen.

"You and Ezra along with Chopper are going to get the supplies from Lothal," Hera informed her. "We should exit hyperspace any minute now."

"Great. Ezra, I will get Chopper. You prepare the Phantom."

Sabine went back into the kitchen to get Chopper. I sprung from the couch and climbed the ladder that led to the Phantom.

I sat in the pilot's seat, watching as the Ghost exited hyperspace. "Move!" I heard Sabine say. I turned to see her nust entering the ship, with Chopper right behind her.

I got up from the seat and stood behind it as Sabine sat and detached from the main ship. Chopper rolled up beside me.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked Sabine.

"Capital City," she replied as she flew the ship.

Wonderful, I thought.

Sabine flew the ship to the surface. She landed about a click away from the city. "Ready?" She asked.

I nodded and we left the Phantom. We left Choper with the ship so he could fly to meet us outside the city.

Sabine and I walked through the Lothal countryside, admiring the clear day.

When we finally made it to Capital City, Sabine led me in the direction of the old marketplace. Along the way, she had explained to me where the supplies would be waiting.

The mission sounded simple enough.

We weaved our way through streets and the bustle of people before making it to the drop-off zone. It was just an old abandoned alley with quite a few hiding places.

"Let's grab them and go," Sabine said.

I approached the crates and started to count them.

"Hey! I found something!" Sabine exclaimed from behind me.

I turned to see she was holding a relatively new datapad in her hands. "What is it?" I asked her.

She swiped a few times on the screen and looked up at me with a grave expression. "It's Imperial orders. Adressed to you."