Chapter 6

The Seventh Sister's POV

"Well, are you coming?" Ezra asked me.

He turned and disappeared into a vent.

Why was he helping me? We were enemies.

But I had no choice. I followed him into the cramped space.

"Hurry!" the padawan yelled.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked while I crawled behind him.

"You were in need of help. They were going to kill you. I don't care if you are with them, nobody deserves to be killed by stormtroopers. We need to make it back to the ship you brought."

We were silent as he led me through the vents of the town. It took little time to make it to the edge of town. Ezra paused at tge entrance to the vents snd pointed outside.

I looked past him to see my ship. With stormtroopers surrounding it.

"Ready?" The padawan asked me. I automatically knew what he meant, but I had to get something clear first.

"How do you know I won't just turn you in for a bounty?" I asked.

"I have only met you once before, but I can feel you won't."

"I am an inquisitor. I am hired to kill Jedi."

"Again, I can feel you won't. Besides, I am on the run anyway. I need to get offworld somehow."

I stayed silent. Ezra gave me a stare and jumped onto the ground. He started shooting energy shots at the troopers. I followed, deflecting shots.

In no time at all, we had disabled every trooper. We quickly boarded the ship. I ran to the cockpit and started the ship.

Ezra came on behind me. I knew I couldn't let him trust me or use me. Becoming Grand Inquisitor was just more important. I needed to secure the padawan.

"You shouldn't have trusted me," I muttered. I reached for my lightsaber, but the boy saw it coming.

His blue saber blocked my hand from my saber. I looked up the saber to see his face illuminated by the soft glow. "Just because I am on this ship with you does not mean I am not prepared to fight."

"You better be careful," I warned him.

"We both need to be careful. We need each other."

"Why would we need each other?"

"I am on the run from both the Rebellion and the Empire. I have a feeling from that little show back there that you also are on the run from both sides. I don't know about you, but I would like to clear my name."

I peered into those electric blue eyes. "Are you proposing we work together to clear both of our names?"

"Exactly." He disengaged his saber.

He had a point. He was strong with the Force, and it was no easy feat to hide from the Empire. I wasn't going to be able to do it alone.

"Fine," I snarled. "But once the truth is revealed, we never speak of this truce."

Ezra nodded and stepped back. I turned and started the ship. Thankfully, we made it out of the atmosphere with no trouble.

"Where to first?" I asked.

"Before we even think of that, I don't know your name."

I just then realized I had never told the child who I was or even who The Fifth Brother was.

"The Seventh Sister," I replied calmly.

"That's your name?" He asked with disbelief.

"My born name was replaced with the name of an inquisitor."

"What do you mean?"

I sighed before answering.

"I am the seventh of many inquisitors. It shows rank. Right now, everyone wants the ranks to change. The Grand Inquisitor is dead, and that leaves a chance for others to take his place."

"So. . . everyone calls you The Seventh Sister?"

"Yes, and I already know your name. Now, where shall we go first?" I asked with annoyance.

"Well, I need to figure out which Imperial framed me first," Ezra answered after a pause.

"It was me," I stated bluntly.

"Why is that not surprising?" Ezra asked dryly. "I am pretty sure your friend down there framed you, but that gives us no way to clear our names."

"The Fifth Brother."

"What?"

"That was his name."

"I see."

"Back to clearing our names!" I exclaimed. This boy was testing my patience.

"Okay! Okay!"

"We need to do something to get information!"

We sat in silence for a few moments before Ezra snapped his fingers.

"I got it!" He said with excitement.

"What?"

"A trap," he said with a gleam in his eyes.