Chapter 8

The Seventh Sister's POV

I jumped onto the ship Ezra had flown to the bar. I got up and looked back to the rebels. They were all looking at the ship. The ramp closed.

I had managed to make it so I didn't have to fight the Jedi. I didn't want to waste my time with him.

I made my way to the cockpit. Ezra was flying the ship. "We know what they know, now what?" I questioned.

"Since they are still trying to figure things out, let's try and find something out about the source of our problems."

"And that would be?"

"The Fifth Brother."

"That won't be hard. Fifth Brother will have every bounty hunter looking for me. Besides, the Empire thinks I am working against them. I shouldn't kill anyone until the time is right," I pointed out.

"Who said anything about killing?"

"I have a feeling it would lead there seeing what you did to the last inquisitor."

"That wasn't me. That was Kanan."

"Your point?"

"Back on topic!"

"What were you thinking?"

"We just have to set up another trap to distract him."

"Distract him from what?"

Ezra gave me a grin. I frowned. What was that boy thinking? "What does the Fifth Brother have that we need?"

"What?"

"Resources."

"Sometimes your ideas can bring nothing but trouble. You act just like The Fifth Brother."

"How am I like a dark inquisitor?"

"The resemblance is uncanny," I said sarcastically.

"Would you just listen to me?"

"I could, but it will probably get us nowhere."

"Why do you disagree with everything I say?!"

"Because you are a child with no discipline."

"You sound just like Kanan," Ezra mumbled.

"Well, at least we know the Jedi knows something," I said.

"Fine!" Ezra jumped into hyperspace and got up from the pilot's chair.

"What are you doing?" I questioned.

"Everyone thinks I am a child that can do nothing. So please, just take the pilot's seat, and while your at it, drop me off at the next planet," Ezra exited the cockpit.

I rolled my eyes at his behavior. All's that did was prove my point. I sat down in my pilot's chair and looked to where Ezra had set the coordinates.

He had set them so we would land in an area with no planet. I quickly reset the coordinates to take us back to Lothal.

I leaned back in my seat, watching as the ship sped through hyperspace.

Now that the boy would no longer corporate with me, there will be no one to help me regain my rank as inquisitor. The whole Empire was after me by now. I was as wanted as, well, Ezra.

《~》

I landed the ship in the middle of nowhere. I didn't get up from the pilot's chair to watch Ezra leave. I felt his Force signature leave the ship, and I moved to close the ramp.

But before, I could press the button, I felt something through the Force. My hand stopped short.

Something was telling me to stay with Ezra. He would help me greatly in the future.

I dismissed these feelings quickly. How could a child help me? He was nothing more than a tool. Besides, his plans were too rash.

But I still didn't press the button.

How could I doubt Ezra when we were the same age? I was feared by many, why couldn't Ezra help me clear my name?

I grunted to myself. Why must I have these internal conflicts within me?

I pulled my hand back.

I felt Ezra was still close. I turned on the internal com.

I would have to trust the boy to go through with his crazy plan, whether we die or live.