Chapter 5

Ezra's POV

I was in the town's small marketplace. I was trying to get supplies. If I was going to clear my name, it was going to take awhile.

No doubt some Imperials set up the evidence and no doubt they were following me. I would have to move faster than them if I wanted to live.

I looked around the stalls full of goods being sold by citizens desperate for credits. I saw someone selling food for a low price and started buying food. I didn't have many credits on me so I had to ration.

As soon as I thought I had enough, I grabbed the crate the seller had packed the food in and went into a nearby alley. I sat down on the crate and took a deep breath.

This was really happening.

I started to reach for my com out of habit, butvthen remembered I threw it away so it couldn't get tracked.

I put my head in my hands. I don't remember how long I sat there.

Finally, I got up and turned the anti-gravity on for the crate. I needed to figure out what I was going to do.

I decided to go to the town's outskirts. When I made it, I started to hear the roar of a ship's engines.

I quickly hid in a nearby alley, thinking it was the Ghost. I looked up and saw it was not the Ghost, but the Inquisitor's ship I saw in Capital City. Following it was an Imperial transport.

《~》

The Seventh Sister's POV

I sensed the boy was near. But so was The Fifth Brother. I landed my ship as close to where I sensed the kid as possible.

The Fifth Brother had somehow gained great speed and was almost on top of me.

I exited my ship and tried to once again sense the padawan.

There he was.

He was in a nearby alley. I started running to where I had felt he was. As I neared his location, his signature became stronger. He was very strong with the Force.

I slowed as I neared the alley he was in. I ignited my dark red saber. It was always satisfying to scare people before I bring pain.

I had lost track of where The Fifth Brother was, my full attention on the padawan. His force signature showed he was very, very close. No doubt he was hiding in one of the vents or behind abandoned crates. I knew he knew I was close.

"Come out, padawan. There is no chance for you to survive," I yelled, attempting to scare him.

Nothing.

"Don't test me, boy!"

Silence.

"Isn't this a surprise?"

The voice was not that of the boy. It was someone who would kill anyone to get what they want.

It was The Fifth Brother.

"Brother, the boy is mine," I said without turning around.

There was many stormtroopers accompanying him. It would take me a lot of energy to get out of this one.

"The boy is mine, Sister. You do not deserve to claim the kill. You deserve to die."

I turned my head to look at him.

"You imbecile. You don't even see the chance to get much more than what you desire."

"There is nothing more than becoming Grand Inquisitor."

"I know that is not want you want."

"What are you saying."

Sss

He ignited his lightsaber. I turned fully, my lightsaber held at my side.

"I know you wish to become a Sith. That is the greatest anyone can become."

I narrowed my eyes inside my helmet. I knew that The Fifth Brother would always try to become the best at everything, every if it meant killing everyone in his way.

"I would be careful with what you say," The Fifth Brother stepped back behind the troopers and rose his arm.

They all rose their guns and fired.

I was having a harder time blocking them due to there being many more than last time. There was about 20 now.

As I deflected shots, I saw The Fifth Brother saying something into his com, no doubt calling for reinforcements to bring me in. This was proving to be very difficult.

"Brother, you do not know the mistakes you are making!" I shouted.

The sounds of ties overhead drowned out my threat. I looked up to see several ties floating in the atmosphere.

They started firing down at me. I was taking too much fire. I turned and ran. My lightsaber was put back on my belt as I dodged random junk.

"This way!"

I stopped. I heard a voice to my left. I looked.

I was entirely surprised at who was standing there.