Sebastian Stan - Birthday

Start from the beginning

You got out of the shower within twenty minutes, drying off and putting on your clothing. You brushed and dried your hair as well as brushing your teeth, and by this point, you had about fifteen minutes left. The sound of knuckles rapping on the door filled the silent space.

"Hey, don't worry about makeup either. There's no need for it," Sebastian commented from behind the door. You hummed in acknowledgement and opened the door. He was still standing there, a bit shocked at the door's sudden opening. You smiled at him, and he smiled back. The way he looked at you set a fire in your stomach, a beautiful and hectic twisting of your gut. His eyes twinkled as if he was seeing Niagra Falls in real life for the first time, and it was such an intense stare that you couldn't look away. Finally, you broke your trance and clapped your hands together, looking around for a clock.

"Alright, should we head out?" You asked excitedly. He chuckled, nodding and turning to walk out of the room. You laced on a pair of Converse as he snatched the car keys off of the peg on the wall that you kept them on. He put on a pair of sunglasses and passed you your own, which you took in confusion.

"Sebastian, it's super overcast outside. Why do we need sunglasses?" You asked. He pulled down the glasses just a tad, peering over them at you.

"It's in the hope that people will recognize us less. I know you wouldn't want the paparazzi hounding us on your birthday." You nodded and put the glasses on, allowing Sebastian's arm to wrap around your shoulders as you left the house.

The car ride was filled with the sounds of Sebastian and yourself yelling along to your favorite songs that were blasting through the car speakers. You played on your phone all the way up until the car was parked and the music was cut off. Sebastian took the keys out of the ignition and looked at you. You looked up and grinned.

"Movie date?"

"Movie date!" He confirmed. "Guess what movie?"

"Wait... Batman Vs. Superman?" You asked excitedly. He nodded and you jumped forward, hugging him tightly.

"Yes! Thank you so much Sebastian!"

"You're welcome! I knew you were pretty down about not being able to see it because you've had to work every day since it came out, so I thought you might like to finally see it." His smile was sweet as he pulled away from the hug, leaning forward again to quickly peck your lips. "Let's go!"

The movie was amazing, and you had a death grip on your popcorn bucket the entire time. Sebastian seemed content with you reaction to the movie, a delighted smile on his face as the lights slowly gained their intensity again. You stood and stretched, but you didn't have much time before Sebastian was dragging you back out again. You were in the car once again, tapping your foot anxiously as you watched the buildings whiz past the window. You listed off all of the possibilities in your head before finally realizing where you were headed.

Your suspicions were confirmed as you pulled up to the old lake that you visited on your first date. You couldn't help the overwhelming smile on your face as you got out of the car again, running over to the lake and looking out at the water. Sebastian laughed from behind you, jogging over to catch up with you.

"I thought you'd like this," he stated. You nodded, taking in the sight of the beautiful lake in front of you. Sebsatian's arm wrapped carefully around your waist, and you rested your head on his shoulder. "You know, I come back here a lot. Whenever I'm sad or confused or don't know what to do, I'll just sit on that bench over there and think for a while. This is actually where I realized that I loved you." You looked at him in confusion, and he nodded with a grin. "Yeah, I came here after our date at the arcade, where you completely owned me in in laser tag," he chuckled before continuing. "I sat here for two and a half hours just thinking about what you meant to me. When I finally realized that I loved you as much as I did, I rushed over to your house. I'm sorry I woke you up at 3 A.M., but I didn't really feel like waiting to tell you." He smiled sheepishly and you immediately wrapped him in a huge hug, clutching the back of his shirt like your life depended on it. He did the same to you, burying his face in your hair.

"God, I love you so much Sebastian," you muttered into the fabric of his shirt.

"I love you too," he whispered, not wanting to let you go. After a couple of minutes, however, he did release you. You both sat and stared at the lake in front of you, reflecting on your time together and smiling like idiots.

"Hey," Sebastian spoke after a few minutes. "We have one last thing to do, are you ready to go?" His voice was soft as he tried his best not to ruin the moment. You smiled and nodded, allowing him to take your hand and lead you back to the car. You climbed in and drove off as the sun began to set, casting an orange glow across everything beneath it. Sebastian flipped on the radio, turning it down so it was a dull buzz of noise in the background. You leaned against the car's frame and stared out the windshield.

It wasn't too terribly long before you were pulling into your driveway, and the car was being parked. Sebastian got out of the car and rushed around to the passenger's side, pulling open the door before you could and offering you his hand. You laughed, placing your hand in his and stepping out of the car. He led you into the house and through the darkened rooms until he finally flipped a light on. You gasped, a large smile forming on your face.

"Aw! Sebastian!" You cooed, excitedly running over to the blanket fort, collection of snack bowls, and stack of movies set up in your living room. "When did you do this?"

"This morning," he replied, walking towards you with his hands in his pockets. "Do you like it?" He asked slowly, looking you in the eyes.

"Sebastian, this is amazing. Thank you so much." You smiled and stood on your toes to kiss him. He happily obliged in leaning down a bit, pressing his lips to yours. Once you both pulled away, you chose a movie and sat down inside the blanket fort, bowls of numerous snack foods surrounding you. You were both laying on your stomachs, your heads propped on your hands as you peered out from behind the fabric fortress.

"Happy birthday," he whispered, kissing your temple.

Jees, this is so late. I hope this was okay! Happy super duper belated birthday!
Stay street, stay unlit, stay alive.