Chapter 12

{Song in video: Palisades - High And Low}

Lainey put on her black and white striped casual dress and wore black Vans. She put on black eyeliner, foundation on her face, and light pink lipstick. She usually had on light make-up, hardly wore eyeshadow, mascara, and all that other stuff. She sat on her bed and scrolled on her phone while waiting for Brent to pick her up.

A few minutes later the doorbell rang, "I'll get it!" Lainey yelled and rushed down the stairs. She opened the door. "Hey," she grinned and gave him a kiss.

"You look gorgeous," Brent said and smiled at her.

"Thanks."

"So you ready to go?"

"Yup." They walked into his car and drove to the party at Molly's house.

When they arrived to the party, Lainey saw Nick pull up next to them. "Hey Nick!" she grinned. "Ready to get your party on?"

Nick chuckled. "Sure I guess."

The three of them walked in together.

"Hey!" Molly greeted them. "I'm so glad you all came! I don't know anybody here." She laughed. "The drinks are in the kitchen."

"Okay cool," Lainey said. She felt someone tap on her shoulder. She turned around and saw Shayla. "Shayla!" She grinned again and hugged her. "You look amazing! Love the dress and make-up and everything!" Shayla wore the black sleeveless dress and pink and purple eyeshadow, black eyeliner, and pink lipstick.

"Thanks. You look great in that dress. I wouldn't be able to pull it off but you do very well."

In just a few minutes, there were swarms of people already at the party.

"Want to dance?" Brent asked Lainey.

"Yeah sure!" Lainey exclaimed and they went to go dance.

Nick and Shayla stood there by the snacks and drinks. "You're not much of a party person are you?" Shayla asked him.

"Nah not really," Nick replied. "Are you?"

"Nope. I just come here so I have an excuse to dress up and look good and also to keep an eye on what people are doing. I don't trust teenage house parties very much."

Nick looked surprised. He felt exactly the same way. "Oh really? I thought I was the only one that felt that way about these parties."

"Yup. And if you don't know already I don't drink."

Nick looked even more surprised. "Me either!"

"High-five for us sober party people!" They high-fived each other and laughed.

"So uh should we dance or what?"

"Yeah. We might as well do something, right?"

They went over to the living room, where a lot of people were dancing. There were blacklight strobes flashing and also some glow sticks. Nick was actually pretty impressed how the party looked. He saw Lainey and a few other girls dancing on the table along to "Bass Down Low" by The Cataracts ft. Dev. While the other girls were doing trashy dances such as twerking and what not, Lainey actually had some good moves that didn't involve shaking her butt.

"Go Lainey!" Shayla yelled.

"Come up here! There's room!" Lainey yelled back at her.

She shook her head. "No thanks I'm good!"

"You have some pretty good moves Lainey!" Nick yelled.

"Thanks!" she yelled.

"Shayla I think you should go up there." He smirked.