Sunday Part 1

I wake up with a smile on my face and thinking of last night. It was one of the best nights I've had in a while. I'm so happy that I don't even mind getting up early today. My mom makes me go to church with her every Sunday morning and I usually complain the whole way there about getting up at 8:00am but today is different. Nothing could kill my good mood.

I get out of bed and start making my way to my bathroom when my phone rings.

I answer,"Hey Alice. What are you doing up so early?"

She says,"Avan woke me up to watch the news!"

"Why would he do that?"

"You're on it!"

"Uh... What?"

"Just turn it on and see for yourself!"

I pick up my tv remote and turn on my tv to the news. And of course she was right, there's pictures of me and Josh.

I say," Oh my god. You're right."

"I told you! Why didn't you tell me you guys were going out?"

"I was going to tell you after church. I didn't think it would be on the news."

"It's Josh Hutcherson we are talking about. Of course it's going to be on the news and everywhere else!"

"Do you think anyone knows it's me?"

"Uh yes! You can totally tell. Every girl is going to be so jealous."

Before I can answer my mom yells," Alexis, get down here now!"

I tell Alice,"Hey we'll talk later. My mom wants me."

She says," Okay bye," then hangs up.

I walk down stairs and into the living room where my mom is.

I say,"Yes?"

She points to the tv and says,"What's this about you going out with a 20 year old?!"

I look down," We aren't dating.."

She says,"Look at me while I'm talking to you! And why didn't you tell me how old he was?"

"I didn't think it mattered."

She says," He could go to jail if anyone finds out how old you are. Does he even know how old you are?"

"Yes he knows mom and why would he go to jail? We went out to dinner. It's not like we hooked up." 

"That doesn't matter if you guys didn't "hook up" or whatever but they have a picture of you two kissing!"

I say,"It was just a kiss mom."

She says,"Yeah for now. What will it be next time? Just sex?"

"You know I wouldn't do that!"

"I didn't think you would date a 20 year old either but I was wrong!"

"We are not dating! It was one date, that's all."

"I hope you had fun because it's never going to happen again!"

"Mom! Why?"

She says," Because he's 20 years old! I'm your mom and you will listen to me!"

I say,"But mom!"

"Go back to your room now! I'm going to church and you can just stay here."

I roll my eyes and run back up to my room and slam my door. I sigh and lay on my bed. What am I going to do? What am I going to tell Josh? Will he be mad? I decide to text Alice to ask what she thinks.