The Party

We pull into Alice's driveway and there has to be at least 50 cars here already. I check my phone and its 10:30. The party started 15 minutes ago and there's already this many people here. Hopefully one of them is Josh. I'm kind of excited to meet him, but I'm also nervous.

Alice looks at me and says," Well let's get in there and find Avan."

"That shouldn't be hard, just look for the place where most the girls are at."

She laughs,"That's so true."

We get out of the car and walk up the steps to her huge house. The door was already open so we just walk straight in. I spot Avan out right away, he's talking to the DJ.

I look at Alice,"I found him," I point to where he is,"he's right there talking to the DJ."

"Okay,come on then."

We push our way through the crowd for 5 minutes until finally reaching Avan.

He smiles when he sees us,"Ah Alice, I figured you'd be here sooner so we could talk."

Alice says,"We would have been here sooner but I had to tell Alex about our plan with Josh."

"Ohh I see. He's not here yet so just go do whatever and I'll text you when he gets here."

"Okay. Thanks Avan," I tell him.

He smiles,"No problem Kiddo."

I laugh,"Come on, Alice, let's go have some fun."

We dance and drink for make seems like 20 minutes but when I check my phone it's already 12:00. I know if I drink anymore then I'll be so drunk that I won't be able to talk to Josh when he gets here, so I've slowed down a bit. Alice started dancing with some guy so I decide to text Avan to see if Josh has came yet.

I text; "Hey, is Josh here yet? It's getting pretty late."

He replies;" You texted just in time. He just got here. Come to where we talked at before."

I reply;"Okay. See you in a minute."

Alice starts walking toward me and says," Avan texted and said to meet him where we were earlier."

I smile nervously,"Okay let's go."

We make our way through the crowd and I see Avan laughing with Josh. I don't know if it's the vodka or my nerves, but I feel like I'm about to throw up.

Alice stops me and says," Hey you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Let's go over there."

Avan smiles when he sees us," Josh, this is my sister Alice and her friend Alexis."

I smile,"You can call me Alex."

Josh smiles,"Nice to meet you," and shakes my hand.

"Avan, I'm going to get something to drink, want to come with?" Josh asks.

Avan says,"Yeah sure man." Then they walk toward the drinks.

Alice turns towards me," So do you like him?"

"He is really cute and seems nice."

Alice smiles," I knew you would like him!"

"Alice clam down. They're coming back."

She just smiles. Josh smiles at me when they get back and I can feel myself blush but I smile back anyway.

Avan speaks up and says," Im going to find someone to dance with. I'll see you guys later," then walks into the crowd of people.

Alice smiles," I think I'm going to do that too," and walks away too.

It's just me and Josh now. He shyly smiles," Want to dance?"

"Yes," I tell him.

Just as we get to the dance floor the song changes and I scream,"Oh my god! I love this song!"

Josh laughs and starts dancing and I join him.

After about 30 minutes of dancing he says,"I'm getting thirty. Want to go get something to drink?"

"Yeah, let's go."

We start making our way to the drinks when Josh says,"So how old are you?"

I freeze for a moment before saying,"17, but I'll be 18 soon."

He looks surprised,"Oh. Uhm I'm 20."

"Oh yeah I know. My friend told me," I say, trying to act cool about it.

"Are you okay with that?"

"Yes. I totally forgot how old you were while we were dancing."

"Age is just a number."

"And jail is just another room," I try to joke.

He stops and starts laughing.

"What? What's so funny?"

"You're funny but you're also right," he says with a sigh.

"Yeah how about those drinks?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

He nods and keeps walking. We finally reach the drink table and I pour myself some vodka.

Josh looks at me shocked,"You do know that you're not old enough to drink right?"

I laugh,"Neither are you."

"You're right again,"and pours himself some rum. I down my cup and start to pour another when a hand stops me.

I look up and it's Josh's hand. He says,"Woah slow down. You don't to get so drunk you don't remember anything."

I laugh a little,"I always do that."

"Well you shouldn't."

"Why not?"

"You might do something you regret or later on be glad that you did it."

I know exactly what he means but I say this anyway,"Like what."

He sighs," Like this," and kisses me.

I feel my body go numb and then I kiss back.

He laughs a little," I don't think I'll regret that tomorrow but you might."

"Why would I?"

He smiles,"Because you just kissed a 20 year old."

I laugh,"Is it bad that I want to do it again?"

He looks shocked,"No. I don't think so anyway."

And with those words I kiss him again.

****
I enjoyed writing this chapter for some reason. Everything is just coming to me. Hopefully I'll able to update that this everyday. I hope you enjoyed it.

Comment and vote!

edited 12-6-23
Story line is same. I edited so it's easier to read.

-Hannah!