24 - Faking It + jasper

SEASON 1

"Time was of the essence, I was breathing hard..." Jasper is sitting next to Harper and some other girls telling his story of triumphant, he was over playing the whole scene, making him seem like a godsend.

"Why does he have to be so annoying? We've heard the story a million times, and all ends the same, Jasper saves the day!" You moan to Monty, you lean against the fence and stare straight at Jasper.

"You don't mean that, come on Y/N you could never think that of Jasper." Monty tells you, he puts a hand in your shoulder and you can feel all the tension in them melt away, it's true.

"He's just so - you know - ugh!" You can't even begin to describe the feeling, how he is such and idiot and yet you love him at the same time.

"He's just so Jasper, look we deal with it, were his best friends." Monty says it with a slightly sad tone, he was annoyed at Jasper too but not as much as you.

"Exactly! He shouldn't just shake us off as soon as he knows he can become the hero! We should be the ones over there!" You slink down to the ground, why does he have to be so annoying and lovable at the same time.

Jaspers laugh seems to echo throughout your ears, you look at him, begging to get his attention. He looks up, only to laugh with Harper. You run your hands through your hair, this isn't working.

"He's made his choice, let him have the fame, he'll come back to us as soon as Bellamy steals his spotlight." Monty reassures you and sits down to be on your level.

"Why aren't you as mad as I am? He treated you terribly back at the bridge, he isn't giving you any credit, you deserve to be there as well." You can't stand it, Monty is his best friend and practically yours since you met on the ground.

"Do you want to know what he told me when he first saw you?" Monty asks, he shakes his head and smiles at the memory.

"What? She's fine. Because I can tell you, if he said that then he was totally wrong." You can't even begin to describe your emotions.

"He stopped dead in his tracks. I bumped into his back, he didn't say a word. He just pointed at you, you were inspecting this plant and laughing with Atom. He said,  'that girl, I'm going to be with that girl, even if I have to face death, Monty and there is about a fifty-fifty chance I will, but I like those odds.'" You look at Monty and can instantly tell he is telling the truth, you give him a genuine smile but try your hardest to play off the fact that he has just made your life.

"That's a lie Monty Green, he probably said, 'I'd tap that.' Knowing Jasper." You look at him, goodness you were still annoyed at him but that's what life is all about, nothing goes smoothly.

"And you Y/F/N are lying as well, just make your thing with Jasper official. You'll be doing me a favour, however hard to try to say it, that person there is not my best friend, my best friend is at his best when he is with you." Monty stands up and offers you a hand, you take it.

"You know what, I'm still angry. Nothing is going to change that." Standing up now you walk over to Jasper and his groupies.

"Hi Jasper." You say, you try to sound as sweet as possible, it's hard. You know what you're going to be is uncalled for, but he needs to know how you feel.

"Y/N," His face lights up even more after seeing you, his smile becomes more genuine, "Come on join the party, Monty come as well."

Monty looked at you, you thought he would have agreed but his face was stern as he shook his head. You turned to Jasper, "Oh we're fine Jasp, we were just wondering if we could have the rifle, were going to practise our shooting so maybe one day we can be as good as you!" You say it with venom pouring out your tongue, you tell yourself it's tough love.

"Oh," he looks at you both, he tries his hardest to not let his emotions show "Here."

You take the rifle and don't look back.

--

"Clarke, I don't feel well." You tell her, everybody else is feeling fine expect for you.

"It's probably just something you ate." She's busy doing some map work with Bellamy, he looks at you with a glance of sympathy, but not as much to question Clarke.

"I'm sweating though, and I have a horrible cough," The words are hard to get out, "It started when Murphy came back into camp and I -"

You don't get to finish your sentence as you quickly move two paces away from the pair and wretch your guts out, sick with blood in it.

"Clarke -" You whimper, she rushes over to you.

"Clarke don't touch her, you'll get it if it's a virus." Bellamy warns, she doesn't care.

"She's ill, she needs me, go tell Jasper, he will want to know. But don't let him come in, do you understand?" You haven't talked to Jasper since the rifle incidence, a day and a half ago.

Bellamy nods and then calls out, "Jasper!"  and runs out of the dropship.

"Everything is going to play Y/N, okay just lie down." Clarke tells you and helps you to the cold floor.

"Tell Jasper, not to come in here." You ask her and close your eyes, your not tired, you're faking it, you just can't face what might go on next.

--

"Bellamy! You have got to let me see her!" Jasper shouts at him, pure desperation in his voice, he is past trying to cover up, that will get him nowhere, he doesn't want to be strong.

"Do you want to come down with something? Do you want to spread it through camp? No you don't. So you can't come in." Bellamy is direct and forceful.

Clarke emerges, Jasper feels a rush of relief until he sees her face, Clarke doesn't fake anything, she is the face of death and Jasper is facing it, "Jasper, if you go in there you'll be in quarantine, there's no coming out. I wouldn't recommend it, it's dangerous, we don't know how bad she is, how bad this virus or whatever could be."

Jasper thinks for a second, "I am willing to take my chances." He lunged forward, his long legs carrying him up to you. He pushes past the plastic sheets and then he sees you.

You are perched up, you did so as soon as you heard his voice, you couldn't fake it. Not now.

"I'm so glad to see you." You tell him, giving him a smile, something you have missed doing.

"I'm sorry." Those simple words are music to your ears.

"I'm sorry as well, it wasn't cool what I said." You wipe down do the sweat from your forehead.

"No, I was the one that left you, I was the one who forget who really cared for me when I had a chance of fame. I'm the guilty party here." He tells you, he moves an inch closer to you and sits down, he carefully pushes away some of the hair that's on your forehead.

"Apology accepted, love you Jasper." You tell him, you had told him this before but it had always been a bit of joke, this confession was a bit like it, but there was something a little more serious there.

"Love you too."

I wrote this is literally an hour, so happy with myself. Currently at the hospital getting a peanut challenge,