Chapter Twenty One

Just when I thought everything was going well...

I clutched my arm as I limped over to Raven and Alex looked at me concerned, apparently seeing the blood pouring out of my head. I shrugged it off and looked up at Erik as he dropped Shaw.

"Today our fighting stops!" He announced before landing on the ground. "Take off your blinders, brothers and sisters. The real enemy is out there." He explained while motioning to the ships in the water. "I feel their guns moving in the water. Their metal, targeting us." He paused and looked at me. "Americans, Soviets, humans. United in their fear of the unknown."

I looked to the ground closed my eyes. "You don't have to do this, Erik..." I said before looking up at him.

He scoffed and continued his speech. "The Neanderthal is running scared, my fellow mutants! Go ahead, Charles. Tell me I'm wrong."

Charles sighed and put a finger to his temple. "He's right...." He notified Moira, who ran into the plane to attempt contact with the ships.

Missiles were fired and Erik stopped them half way, only to turn them around.

"Erik, you said yourself, we're the better men. This is the time to prove it. There are thousands of men on those ships. Good, honest, innocent men! They're just following orders." Charles pleaded.

Erik shook his head. "I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again!" He then launched the weapons back at the men who fired them.

Some exploded before reaching their destination as Charles and I tackled Erik. Soon they were all destroyed and I heard the sound of gun shots and I saw Moira shooting at Erik, he deflected the bullets of course. Before my brain could process it, Charles was screaming in agony as he fell to the ground.

A/N: the final chapters are only a little shorter because I don't wanna just be like THE END so yeah...