Chapter Fifteen

"You need to focus on that spot! Just do what you did when you shot me across the hall." Charles tried.

We were outside working on my mutation and I was beyond frustrated. "I have to feel threatened!" I shot back, rolling my eyes.

"Didn't you shoot those men across the yard at the facility when they were teasing you and the otheres?" He asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Yes..."

"So think about what you were thinking about then!" He argued, running a hand through his hair.

"I was pissed at you, Charles." I spat and began walking away. "This is stupid."

"Beth, wait." He tried. "I'm sorry. I was upset, alright? I didn't mean to be so harsh!"

I turned around and shot him across the lawn, smirking when he landed on the ground with a thud.

"I deserved that." I heard him shout as I walked back to the house proud of myself.

"Where's Charles?" Erik asked as I passed him.

"Somewhere in the yard..." I then noticed he was holding a gun. "What are you doing?"

"I wanted to have him try to shoot me and I deflect it." Erik explained.

I looked behind me, still seeing no sign of Charles. "I can help if you'd like? I know you and I barely know each other but..."

Erik shrugged and handed me the gun.

"Why am I pointing it at your head?" I asked, turning the safety off. "What if I kill you?"

He chuckled and took my hand, pointing it back at his head. "You won't."

"Are you sure?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm sure."

I closed my eyes and squeezed the trigger, hearing the gun go off but never hearing impact. When I opened my eyes, I saw the bullet in Erik's hand and I breathed out a laugh. "Oh my god." I then jumped into his arms and gave him a tight hug. He returned it much to my surprise.

I pulled my head away from his shoulder and we smiled at each other proudly.

A/N: Do you ship Charleth or Berik? Haha this was only short because I ran out of time.