Chapter Thirteen

A/N: I suck at writing action sequences so... just try to bear with me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Raven asked, looking at me through her hair.

I shook my head and gave her a small smile. "No I'm-"

"God man you are killing me!" Darwin exclaimed from the pinball machine where he stood with Alex.

"You're what?" Raven asked, rolling her eyes playfully at the boys.

"I'm fine." I then stood and stretched my arms before walking over to Alex and Darwin. "Can I play winner?" I asked while smirking.

Before either of them could answer there was a knock on the window and we all looked to see two of the CIA men staring at us. "Oh I didn't know the circus was in town!" One of them said. He then looked to Angel. "Come on honey, don't you wanna show us a little uh." He asked while flapping his arms like wings.

I rolled my eyes and began walking towards the window. "Beth, don't." Alex said.

"Oh hey it's the magic girl! Why don't you show us a trick, huh?"

I whipped my head around to look at Alex and he shook his head. I of course ignored him and sent them flying across the yard before using my ability to close the curtains.

"They're just guys being stupid... Don't listen to them." Raven said to Angel while I looked down at the ground.

"Guys being stupid I can handle." She paused to look at everyone in the room. "I've been handling that my whole life, but I'd rather a bunch of guys stare at me with my clothes off than the way these ones stare at me."

Raven sighed. "At us."

There was a loud bang nearby and I looked up. "The hell was that?" I asked before another bang sounded.

"Something doesn't feel right.." Darwin said, stepping away from Alex and towards the window.
Everyone stood and we followed him over. He opened the curtains and we looked outside seeing nothing wrong.

"I don't get it." I said, suddenly noticing a red blip in the sky.

"What is that?" Darwin asked.

Before any of us could react, Lester was dropped from the sky and he landed hard in front of the window we were currently standing at. I jumped back and felt my hands get warm with my powers. "Get away from the window!" I said, only to be cut off by more men falling from the sky right before our eyes.

Men ran out of the building and in front of our window. "Get back and stay down! Do not leave that room!"

Like we were planning on it, I thought while rolling my eyes.

"Beth." Alex grabbed my hand and made me look at him. "You can't do this right now, these guys attacking will hurt you. Please just listen to me for once!" He pleaded, looking down at my hands that were surrounded by purple and then to my purple eyes.

A red guy teleported in front of the men outside and I quickly stopped using my ability. Alex pulled me behind a couch and we all huddled together in fear of being killed.

The window shattered and everyone ducked once more.

There was a whirring noise coming from the other window and my eyes winded. "What the fuck..." A tornado ripped Cerebro right out of the ground and then the red man began killing everyone that was in the backyard.

"Stay here my ass! Let's go!" Darwin shouted before leading all of us out of the room.

We ran out and there were more men in the hallway with weapons. "Get back!" They shouted, pushing us back as we tried to fight through them and reason with them that we could help.

There was an explosion and I could feel my face go pale as we all ran back into the room and watch the chaos continue full of fear.

Darwin shielded all of us as a man went flying through the unbroken window.

The red man and the one who started the tornado walked through the windows and I felt Alex's hand tighten around mine.

"The mutants are right through that door! Just let us normal people go!" A muffled voice came through the door before being silenced and the door opened to reveal Shaw.

My heart picked up as he walked over to us.

"Where's the telepath?" He asked.

The red man turned to him and spoke in a Russian accent. "Not here."

Raven turned to me, realizing that they didn't know what I could do. I looked at her through the corner of my eye and nodded slowly.

"Shame. Well at least I can take this silly thing off." Shaw said, removing the helmet that kept Charles from reading his mind and controlling him. "Good evening. My name's Sebastian Shaw. And I'm not here to hurt you."

"Now." Raven whispered.

I really hope I don't mess this up...

I made Shaw stop in his tracks with my mind and was about to make him tell his men to leave but the red man teleported behind me and wrapped his arms around me, his knife at my neck, only to teleport us back to the spot he occupied before, causing me to let go of Shaw's mind.

Everyone's head snapped over to where we appeared and Alex clenched his jaw.

"Oh, so there were two telepaths. I really wish Emma had warned me about you.." Shaw said, walking over to me and stroking my cheek with his finger.

"Don't touch her!" Alex shouted, getting ready to walk over, only to be stopped by Shawn and Darwin.

Sebastian walked to the center of the room and looked at all of us. "My friends, there's a revolution coming. When mankind discovers who we are, what we can do, each of us will face a choice. Be enslaved or rise up to rule. Choose freely, but know that if you are not with us, then by definition, you are against us. So, you can stay and fight for the people who hate and fear you. Or you can join me, and live like kings and queens." He said, looking towards Angel at the end and holding a hand out for her to take.

She took it after a second and I looked at her, hurt clear in my eyes. "Angel..?"

"Are you kidding me?" Shawn asked.

"Come on. We don't belong here. And that's nothing to be ashamed of." She said before walking out the window with Shaw.

"We have to do something..." Raven mumbled.

"Azazel, let the girl go. We don't need her." He called over his shoulder.

Azazel let me go and he walked out the window with the other man that came as well.

Alex made his way over to me, as did Darwin. "We can't let this happen." I said, looking over my shoulder to see that they hadn't left yet.

"I have a plan but you two need to trust me." Darwin said to us. We nodded and he turned around to look at Sebastian. "Stop!" Darwin said before they left. "I'm coming with you."

Angel smiled and Shaw walked over to him. "Good choice. So tell me about your mutation."

"Is he sure this can work..?" I asked Alex, who shrugged.

"Well I adapt to survive... So I guess I'm coming with you." Darwin said.

Shaw smiled. "I'd like that." He then motioned for him to join the others in the line they had formed.

Darwin took Angel's hand. "Alex, Beth!"

"Get out!" Alex shouted.

"Do it!" Darwin shouted before taking Angel and shielding her with his mutation.

Alex and I both used our mutation to their most lethal points and shot them at Shaw and his men... One thing we didn't count on was him absorbing them...

"Protecting your fellow mutants. That's a noble gesture. It feels good." Shaw said with a smirk on his face. Alex and I stood there speechless as Darwin tried to punch him, only for his face to be grabbed. "Adapt to this.." He whispered before putting mine and Alex's combined abilities into Darwin.

They teleported away as we watched Darwin try to adapt to the amount of power inside of him. He looked over to us and put a hand out before disappearing completely as I stood there in shock.