Chapter Nine

(Beth's outfit will be linked in the comments)

I awoke to a soft knock on my door and I sighed, taking the blanket off of my body. I yawned while walking towards the door and I opened it, shocked to see Erik there. "Strange seeing you here." I said smirking at him.

He rolled his eyes and I could see that he was trying to hide a smile. "Charles sent me here to wake you up. We're heading to the facility in twenty minutes."

"Why didn't he just come tell me himself?" I asked, failing to hold in another yawn.

"He thought you were mad at him." Erik said, rolling his eyes once again. "Get ready, I'll wait out here for you."

I nodded and shut the door, quickly getting dressed into the outfit Moira let me borrow for today. I looked at myself in the mirror and rolled my eyes. I looked like my mother. I told myself I never would.. I took a deep breath and did my hair as fast as I could without making it messy and I walked back to the door, opening it.

Erik looked me up and down, causing me to blush. "You ready?" He asked with an annoyed tone.

"Yea." I answered, slinging my satchel over my head and closing the door behind me.

"I noticed that whenever you're out of your room you have that bag with you... Why?" He asked curiously as we walking through the halls to go meet the rest of the gang in the lobby.

"It was my dad's, ever since he-..." I cut myself off and gave him a small smile. "I just like to have it with me. It has my book in it. My ID... Other things. It doesn't hurt to be prepared, Erik." When we rounded a corner I gained the courage to ask him what's been bugging me since last night. "What did he do to you...? That made you so determined?"

Erik scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Why would I tell you?"

"You asked about my bag, it's only fair if I get to ask a question about you." I argued, smirking.

"Yours wasn't a personal question, Miss Everette." He hissed out through gritted teeth.

"Alright..." I surrendered. I didn't feel like fighting with him. After all I did only save him from certain death but ya know. "Did you ever have a cat?"

"No." He growled.

"I did. An idiot that one was..." I chuckled at the memory of the fluffy cat always falling off of stuff while it was sleeping. "He was such a klutz..."

"Why do you insist on talking to me while we walk?" He asked in a bored tone.

"Why did you insist on waiting for me?" I shot back. Damn this was a long walk...

"I didn't want to seem rude since you saved me last night." He offered.

"Yet you're being rude to me right now, Erik." I pointed out. "Are we almost there?"

"Almost." He breathed out.

"Good. I'm bored." I whined, which caused him to sigh.

When we finally arrived to the lobby to meet up with the others, I could have sworn I saw Charles look between Erik and I suspiciously before looking me up and down like Erik had earlier.

"That outfit fits you nicely!" Moira said smiling. "It suits you, you should keep it."

"Thank you.." I said awkwardly smiling back. "We ready to go?"

--

"Welcome to my facility." Lester announced once we walked through the doors of the building. "My mission has been to investigate the application of paranormal powers in military defense." He said smiling