Chapter Two

Later that evening, the family and I, with exception of Alex, were seated at the table swapping stories from our week. When they got to me, I looked up startled. I put on a fake smile and shook my head. "You know what I did this week. I sat in mine and Scott's room and then I went to the park today. Nothing exciting."

Mrs. Summers nodded and asked Scott how his week went with school and soon we were all heading off to bed. I sighed as I walked out of the bathroom in my pajamas and shut the light off. When I walked into mine and Scott's shared bedroom, I saw he was already fast asleep. I smiled and I laid down on my bed, soon I too was fast asleep.

"M-mom..." I knelt down next to her lifeless, frail body and began crying as I moved the hair out of her face. "Mommy...?"

"You could have saved us, Bethany... You could have..." I heard Jack's small voice whimper from behind me. "You could have us with you. But now we're dead and it's all your fault."

I crawled over to him and cradled his small frame close to my chest. "Jack... You know I couldn't. They'd still kill us. The moment they saw the energy coming off of my hands-"

"Shut up, you traitor! You at least could have gotten killed yourself so we didn't have to suffer and see you being idiotic with those friends of yours!" My dad shouted from next to my mother.

"Daddy..."

"You should have died you stupid bitch!" He then appeared in front of me and wrapped his hands around my neck. "YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED IN AGONY!" I was then lifted off the ground and all the air in my body stopped flowing. He was choking me, that bastard!

"D-dad. Stop.. You're killing me.." I gasped out.

"That was the plan, doll." He smirked and I fell limp.

I woke up to Scott shaking me, and in a panic I shot up and he went flying towards the wall, the purple energy from my hands following him. As soon as my brain processed what just happened, I jumped out of bed and ran over to him.

"Scott?"

A/N: Cliff hanger... BUM BUM BUUUUUUUUUM!!! Obviously he's not dead, considering he is in the original films xD